Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Survey : Rattles Gone After Fix

HI

I am interrested to know how many of the rattly cars are now 100 per cent rattle free. Both of mine have had the dash and stereo rattles done One also the b pillar whilst they are better they still are not as they should be. i have always felt that if a car rattles when new no matter what is done to it it will always rattle and vice versa

Alan

HI

I am interrested to know how many of the rattly cars are now 100 per cent rattle free. Both of mine have had the dash and stereo rattles done One also the b pillar whilst they are better they still are not as they should be. i have always felt that if a car rattles when new no matter what is done to it it will always rattle and vice versa

Alan

One thing that comes standard on all the new IS models whether its petrol/diesel/sport/se/sel - u guessed it..Rattles! You cant take that away, its company inbuilt. I clocked 10000 miles on my SEL and it had rattles from day one. I eventually traded in and got the Sport version (Apr 06). Its lot better though, but still rattles every morning - reminding me of Gill, Steve, Andy, Mike and the list goes on....

I do not think that Lexus has solved this problem, they promise every new customer that its rattle free. That said, I am happy with the car and have learnt to live with it.....Lesson 1 - Never buy a car (new model), even if its a Lexus!

For the records/survey - yes, my SEL had severe rattles. The Sport is much better with minor rattles.

Javeed

HI

Alan

One thing that comes standard on all the new IS models whether its petrol/diesel/sport/se/sel - u guessed it..Rattles! You cant take that away, its company inbuilt. I clocked 10000 miles on my SEL and it had rattles from day one. I eventually traded in and got the Sport version (Apr 06). Its lot better though, but still rattles every morning - reminding me of Gill, Steve, Andy, Mike and the list goes on....

I do not think that Lexus has solved this problem, they promise every new customer that its rattle free. That said, I am happy with the car and have learnt to live with it.....Lesson 1 - Never buy a car (new model), even if its a Lexus!

For the records/survey - yes, my SEL had severe rattles. The Sport is much better with minor rattles.

Javeed

...and just for the record, my SE-L is still rattle free so they do not come as standard, and no I'm not deaf :D

HI

Alan

Javeed

...and just for the record, my SE-L is still rattle free so they do not come as standard, and no I'm not deaf :D

Another SE-L owner with zero rattles from new and still extremely happy! :driving:

My centre speaker is distorted after replacement

B post rattles both sides...intermittently at Motorway speeds

Satnav area rattles and creakes come and go...

Not pleased!

So they do or they don't...and mine does!! Though the original ones are gone now after their fix. Still not 100%, and I fear it won't ever be!

HI

Alan

Javeed

No rattles for me either.

My centre speaker is distorted after replacement

B post rattles both sides...intermittently at Motorway speeds

Satnav area rattles and creakes come and go...

Not pleased!

So they do or they don't...and mine does!! Though the original ones are gone now after their fix. Still not 100%, and I fear it won't ever be!

My centre dash rattle was fixed and not returned after 5 months. HAd the seat belt racall work done and the passanger pillar still rattles.

Also for interest you might want to read this:

GS Rattles

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/115026840...1R-05/1051.html

RX Rattles

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/115191000...V002-06/21.html

All models IS Seat squeaks:

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/114836760...V001-06/12.html

I believe those have rattle free IS must be driving like grampa and usually using smooth city roads. Had Never stepped over 5,000rpm and had never been on the country road.

I believe those have rattle free IS must be driving like grampa and usually using smooth city roads. Had Never stepped over 5,000rpm and had never been on the country road.

:shutit:

Mine is still rattle free, 5k miles, and it spends most of it's life on cr@ppy back roads and being wrung by it's neck. ;)

HI

Alan

Javeed

Anoither rattle free IS owner here.....OK I know we have only done 1k miles...but fingers and all else crossed - later models ( mine delivered 22nd July ) are sorted :winky:

Mine's an early one, delivered December '05 and has been driven on both motorways and the rough A & B roads we have in the Cotswolds...and is driven to the limit when ever conditions permit ,so driving like grampa...I don't think so.

Still no rattles, or squeaks. :)

Mine has had various rattles:

- driver side footwell

- driver side vent outlet

- centre speaker

These have been fixed by myself or the dealer.

My current rattle is from the glovebox.

I do whack the bass (5) and volume (40) up on the ML and wondered if this was making matters worse :unsure: