Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Factoy Workshop Manual Cd Rom.

Many of the members who live near or in the Midlands will know Wellesbourne Market (Saturday and Bank Holidays) is one of (If not the largest outdoor market in the UK)

Imagine my surprise this morning to find a stall selling CD-Roms for the Workshop Manuals of the complete range of Lexus vehicles....

I have had an hour or so with it and discovered some very welcome information on servicing, problem solving , specifications etc... Granted the CD only covers models up to 2004 but for the grand cost of £5.00 Iam not going to complain.

As we also run a 2002 BMW 330D , I was pleased to see that this model is also covered on the CD with similar good sound technical information... There are also other models listed...

Anyone any ideas on this.. Could it be illegal ? The box and packing etc. all look very genuine . Could be the best fiver I've spent in a long time.

Roy (Quite Happy at the moment)

might be illegal all depends from which source the info came from, if it is from the official lexus servicing manuals thn yes it would be as it is a copyright infringement. But if I had seen one for £5 that had the manuals on i couldnt care less if it was illegal or not.

I'd gladly pay you a fiver plus p&p if you could burn a copy off for me. :) :winky:

Dear cnrke1

Would do it for you with pleasure for nothing..... IF you tell me how to 'burn' a copy off as I am no expert with the PC.

The disc covers all manuals of all the poplular cars up to 2004 .. Obviously all the Lexus range are covered

and the info I have gleamed on our model is very worthwhile... Do you know how I can 'burn' off from the disc all the RX300 info ? I have no idea... My direct E Mail no. is rsaun46318@aol.com

I'd certainly pay a fiver for a copy too, provided it includes the last generation RX300 too (2003MY).

I guess these are copies of the US manuals, as these are available over there. I even think it's a legal requirment that the tech manuals be available to the customers.

Fabrice

I'd certainly pay a fiver for a copy too, provided it includes the last generation RX300 too (2003MY).

I guess these are copies of the US manuals, as these are available over there. I even think it's a legal requirment that the tech manuals be available to the customers.

Fabrice

I've been looking for this manual ever since i bought my IS200!. If it cover the IS200 99' plate i'd be really greatfull if you could burn me a copy of the CD, I will be more than willing to make a donation. :winky:

Fabrice

I've been looking for this manual ever since i bought my IS200!. If it cover the IS200 99' plate i'd be really greatfull if you could burn me a copy of the CD, I will be more than willing to make a donation. :winky:

Fabrice

Thanks everyone for postings regarding the Lexus Workshop Manual CD-ROM I picked up at Wellesbourne Market for a fiver...

I have tried for over 2 hours to burn off a copy disc for cnrke (Christian) up there in Newcastle....

Unfortunately I cannot do it .. My PC skills in my later years are not up to the standard of you younger guys, however I will keep trying...

The disc is very very useful and the guy I bought it off had hundreds of them , all for sale at a fiver a time,

I think they are all the same with a different cover on the box as the discs covers all the popular cars up to 2004.. As we have a 2002 BMW300D and my daughter has a Merc A series. We have a triple bonus.

The guy made it clear he only deals on the market and on eBay where he sells the discs for around a tenner.

Have a good look at the 'workshop manuals' on eBay.. Like most of the traders on the Wellesbourne market

I feel he comes from the Birmingham area..... If I find any further info I will make a posting.

Roy

Just found the cd rom on eBay. From the description of this one it seems to cover everything.

I've just bought the last one by the looks of it sorry guys.

This is a description of the contents of the cd rom

This is COMPLETE 1998 - 2003 SERVICE / REPAIR MANUAL, and is not a rip-off Chilton's or Haynes manual. This covers every part of the car, in and out, and is made specifically for this model and series. You will have no problem finding, and repairing anything on your car.

It comes on a CD-ROM

1000 + Pages

It has Explored views, Troubleshooting chats, How-tos, Electrical Diagrams, Interior Panel Removal, and many many more….

The chapters are:

1. Air Conditioning (AC)

2. Automatic Transaxle (AX)

3. Body Electrical (BE)

4. Body Mechanical (BO)

5. Brake (BR)

6. Charging (CH)

7. Cooling (CO)

8. Emission Control (EC)

9. Engine Mechanical (EM)

10. Ignition (IG)

11. Introduction (IN)

12. Lubrication (LU)

13. Maintenance (MA)

14. Propeller Shaft (PR)

15. Service Specifications (SS)

16. SFI (SF)

17. Starting (ST)

18. Steering (SR)

19. Supplemental Restraint System (RS)

20. Suspension and Axle (SA)

Just found the cd rom on Ebay. From the description of this one it seems to cover everything.

I've just bought the last one by the looks of it sorry guys.

This is a description of the contents of the cd rom

This is COMPLETE 1998 - 2003 SERVICE / REPAIR MANUAL, and is not a rip-off Chilton's or Haynes manual. This covers every part of the car, in and out, and is made specifically for this model and series. You will have no problem finding, and repairing anything on your car.

It comes on a CD-ROM

1000 + Pages

It has Explored views, Troubleshooting chats, How-tos, Electrical Diagrams, Interior Panel Removal, and many many more….

The chapters are:

1. Air Conditioning (AC)

2. Automatic Transaxle (AX)

3. Body Electrical (BE)

4. Body Mechanical (BO)

5. Brake (BR)

6. Charging (CH)

7. Cooling (CO)

8. Emission Control (EC)

9. Engine Mechanical (EM)

10. Ignition (IG)

11. Introduction (IN)

12. Lubrication (LU)

13. Maintenance (MA)

14. Propeller Shaft (PR)

15. Service Specifications (SS)

16. SFI (SF)

17. Starting (ST)

18. Steering (SR)

19. Supplemental Restraint System (RS)

20. Suspension and Axle (SA)

If it covers the new shape RX300 2003, would you be prepared to make a copy for a reasonable donation :winky:

The disc has exactly what it says on the description. Shows in detail how to etc. etc.

It's laid out much like a Haynes manual, but in more detail and descriptions. :)

And it does only cover the MK1 RX.