Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tried to post this yesterday but failed.

I bought these rear lights from the US and was tolod that all parts were the same with UK & US cars...

Not true.

These inside sections are loads longer than mine so I can only use half the bits :crybaby:

Not sure waht to do but I like the other sections and they were cheaper than buying secondhand from a breaker.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/album_phot..._photo=71632872

looks better but the u.s lights only fit the jap imports

i have been trying to find new lights but i want the clear lexus lights but no one makes them

but i think you should keep the out side lights on

matt

So you think if I got a boot lid from a Celsior it would fit the lights?

Next question is would the celsior boot lid fit straight onto the UK LS?

May not bother but I like the fact that the boot lid and number plate space would be a little differnt from other UK cars. :winky:

i do not know if a celsior boot whould fit and it may be more of a task trying to find one my be worth a look

Celsior rear inner ( boot lid) lights are wider than the Uk spec LS400 due to the number plate being a different shape and size, also I think the boot lock is also placed differently.

Looking at the 2 styles the import boot lid would fit I think as it is only the light cluster that is different but you would have to have a US style plate like mine.

Here is a link to a picture of my Celsior to give you an idea of the differences.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e191/ste...exusrear002.jpg

i do not know if a celsior boot whould fit and it may be more of a task trying to find one my be worth a look

Celsior rear inner ( boot lid) lights are wider than the Uk spec LS400 due to the number plate being a different shape and size, also I think the boot lock is also placed differently.

Looking at the 2 styles the import boot lid would fit I think as it is only the light cluster that is different but you would have to have a US style plate like mine.

Here is a link to a picture of my Celsior to give you an idea of the differences.

Yup,

Thats them, thanks for the pick. As you say the boot key is further in too.

I plan to cut out the reversing light from my inner section and replace it with some clear lense (to make it match the new outers), but I think I'll use a light from a scrap yard as the donor material, maybe do a trial run first too on my LHS inner as it's already broke in the red part and whole thing needs replaceing.

Any one with a Celsior in need of new inner lights with clear centre section?

A V low cost deal could be struck...

:D

Yup,

Thats them, thanks for the pick. As you say the boot key is further in too.

I plan to cut out the reversing light from my inner section and replace it with some clear lense (to make it match the new outers), but I think I'll use a light from a scrap yard as the donor material, maybe do a trial run first too on my LHS inner as it's already broke in the red part and whole thing needs replaceing.

Any one with a Celsior in need of new inner lights with clear centre section?

A V low cost deal could be struck...

Mmmm! tempting, I've tinted mine darker since I took the picture. PM me with a price though I may consider a change.

Cheers,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Is the wiring the same on the outer light sections that you have changed?

Was it just a straight swap, because it looks nice and i am tempted to do it myself, but i have a UK car aswell

Hiya,

Yes the lights were a straight swap electrically (outer sections) and I'm happy with the fit and the light they omit, pleased I get them even though the inners didn't fit.

Is the wiring the same on the outer light sections that you have changed?

Was it just a straight swap, because it looks nice and i am tempted to do it myself, but i have a UK car aswell

Hiya,

Yes the lights were a straight swap electrically (outer sections) and I'm happy with the fit and the light they omit, pleased I get them even though the inners didn't fit.

How much did you pay for them and where did you get them from?

si