Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Mudflaps

Winter again, car in a mess 2 minutes after spending 2 hours cleaning it.

What does everyone think of lexus mudflaps?

I don't like the look of them, but if they do their job in the winter i would consider them.

Easy to fit/remove, do the job?

Any better alternatives?

Your views would be appreciated.

I used to have mudflaps on mine before I got the TRD kit (can't have both) and I thought they did quite an effective job to be honest.... I certainly notice more dirt round the sides of my car now then I did with mudflaps.... :sad:

After the weather we've had nothing will help keep the car clean. I too spent a couple of painstaking hours cleaning her up yesterday, drove 15 miles today and she's minging again.

I have the fitted mudflaps and think they are quite tidy, its not like there 5 quid Halfords jobbies. Certainly cuts down on dirty/stonechipped sills but the back end still gets covered in sh??e?

Very simple to fit by the way, or you could ask dealer to do it for nuttin :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up an old post , but on the subject of mud flaps... Are they all the same colour or do you get them to match the car colour?

A few people have said they are easy to fit - How easy is easy ?? Do you have to drill holes in your car or anything scary like that? Or are te holes or screws already on the car/mud flap?

Thanks

B

to fit the rear ones properly you have to drill 1 hole into the edge of the plastic bumper, this is to allow fitment of another spring clip nut for a mudguard mounting screw. on the front you remove a little piece of trim about 4 screws i think then just screw the mudguard using existing holes.

Sorry to bring up an old post , but on the subject of mud flaps... Are they all the same colour or do you get them to match the car colour?

They are indeed all the same colour (black) but I think Chris Shipley colour coded his to match the car.... :unsure:

• 6 years later...
What's a TRD kit ?

I've got an Aero or 'Signature' kit I believe . . .

Won't the Lexus OEM flaps fit in my case ?

If you havnt got the side skirts matey, then you can fit the front mudflaps, but because you have the rear skirt the rear ones wont fit as the skirt is fitted where the mudflaps go :)

The TRD kit is the full skirt kit that some of us have fitted instead of the aero kit :)

Like mine has fitted=

MYLEX.jpg