Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well my first weekend went with more of a Wimpy than a bang. Big big jams on the road past Halfords here in Croydon so no polishing cloths, no aircon recharge etc.

The good news. The porta cable polisher is quite impressive. When you crank it up to speed 6 it really comes alive and you can accomplish 6 months rubbing action in a few minutes. Did it round my Dad's house as I live in a flat with no power near the car. Nearly 20 years ago I did my first car in the same spot (a Jag XJ6) by hand and it was like the Forth Bridge. By the time I'd finished the first bit had oxidised and I had to start again. I don't know if the swirling is much reduced, used a combination of Carplan metallic t-cut, then Klasse restore and a bit of sealant/glaze. Where I went into the trim I cleaned out the white deposits with a Braun "Professional Care" ultrasound toothbrush (I will use a new head tomorrow if I remember).

I used some Wonder Wheels last week and it was good as usual, but in just a week the wheels have fouled up again. Would have had the new brake pads on by now if it wasn't for RSR. Cheated a bit by getting the tyres blacker with some Meguiars hot tyre shine. The stuff gets everywhere and it won't come off. But it does leave the tyres looking shiny and black like melting chocolate.

OK so below I my pics I took this evening. These will be my "before" pics I suppose, although I'm half way through compared with a couple of years ago. Took them round at my storage unit place as it looks a bit industrial like a car advert. The final pic is the car I could trade up to if I binned the Lex and put some more money in. Some (alot) of duplicates but I couldn't make my mind up which were best. The pic in the garage is underground in my garage, the view a few people have of my car most of the time, the white thing behind the car is my scooter. My Lex & my Lam, both Italian designed and both sticking their greedy little hands in my wallet whenever they feel like it.

Oh yes, and thanks Maneesh. I've looked at the coilovers and the gangsta wheels + referred to Chips project and now my daughter will not be able to eat or go on summer holidays for the next 3 years because I realise these things are indispensable and will add another few £k to my budget!!!!

Anyway on with my "before" pics.

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0063a.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

Well my first weekend went with more of a Wimpy than a bang. Big big jams on the road past Halfords here in Croydon so no polishing cloths, no aircon recharge etc.

The good news. The porta cable polisher is quite impressive. When you crank it up to speed 6 it really comes alive and you can accomplish 6 months rubbing action in a few minutes. Did it round my Dad's house as I live in a flat with no power near the car. Nearly 20 years ago I did my first car in the same spot (a Jag XJ6) by hand and it was like the Forth Bridge. By the time I'd finished the first bit had oxidised and I had to start again. I don't know if the swirling is much reduced, used a combination of Carplan metallic t-cut, then Klasse restore and a bit of sealant/glaze. Where I went into the trim I cleaned out the white deposits with a Braun "Professional Care" ultrasound toothbrush (I will use a new head tomorrow if I remember).

I used some Wonder Wheels last week and it was good as usual, but in just a week the wheels have fouled up again. Would have had the new brake pads on by now if it wasn't for RSR. Cheated a bit by getting the tyres blacker with some Meguiars hot tyre shine. The stuff gets everywhere and it won't come off. But it does leave the tyres looking shiny and black like melting chocolate.

OK so below I my pics I took this evening. These will be my "before" pics I suppose, although I'm half way through compared with a couple of years ago. Took them round at my storage unit place as it looks a bit industrial like a car advert. The final pic is the car I could trade up to if I binned the Lex and put some more money in. Some (alot) of duplicates but I couldn't make my mind up which were best. The pic in the garage is underground in my garage, the view a few people have of my car most of the time, the white thing behind the car is my scooter. My Lex & my Lam, both Italian designed and both sticking their greedy little hands in my wallet whenever they feel like it.

Oh yes, and thanks Maneesh. I've looked at the coilovers and the gangsta wheels + referred to Chips project and now my daughter will not be able to eat or go on summer holidays for the next 3 years because I realise these things are indispensable and will add another few £k to my budget!!!!

Anyway on with my "before" pics.

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0014.JPG

DSC_0023.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0036.JPG

DSC_0039.JPG

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0053.JPG

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0059.JPG

DSC_0063a.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

Looking nice and clean Paul - spitting image of mine too, bar the battle scars!!

Not jealous, its nice looking, but if your looking for the cleanest ill post some pics of mine up. as long as i work out how to do it! I use webshots and i've tried every method to post pics but they never seem to work.

Anyway, i'll try and get some up soon.

Hey Lexual

if you email them to me I'll put them on my host and email you back the web address for your links in your post. I promise I won't Photoshop anything onto them like tufts of grass comig out of wheel arches etc.

Mine wasn't too clean close up in real life - I'd just run the portacable polisher over it which got picked up in photos, but there's alot more to do, plus a lot of stone chips now in bonnet etc.

If you want to email me some pics keep them to about 200kb and send them to paul@croyweb.com

cheers

Paul