Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mm Screen Protector ?

I seem to recall some menton of a screen protector gizmo to stick on the touch screen panel for things like PDAs and so on ? I would like to get something for the MM screen in my car - any links/suggestions etc ?? TY :D

I seem to recall some menton of a screen protector gizmo to stick on the touch screen panel for things like PDAs and so on ? I would like to get something for the MM screen in my car - any links/suggestions etc ?? TY :D

Invisible Shield

They will make any size you want. Just measure the screen and order based on that.

These guys seem to do screen protectors for other Lexus models - might be worth contacting them about whether they've got them for the IS yet

NuShield

JavoEdge

The second one doesn't seem to list any on their website, but sell Lexus ones on amazon, so again worth checking to see if they do them for the IS

Here's the thread which I kicked off a while back. I never actually went for one in the end, but really ought to again...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;hl=protector

"but I am currently using the microfibre and the Lex spray that came with the car..."

Hmmm, lucky you. I got diddly squat with my collection :excl:

The Expansys protector mentioned during your original thread seems to have gone, so I will try the other suggestions above - thanks guys.

J - if you are still thinking of getting one, perhaps we could share the order or whatever ?? T

Here's the thread which I kicked off a while back. I never actually went for one in the end, but really ought to again...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;hl=protector

"but I am currently using the microfibre and the Lex spray that came with the car..."

Hmmm, lucky you. I got diddly squat with my collection :excl:

The Expansys protector mentioned during your original thread seems to have gone, so I will try the other suggestions above - thanks guys.

J - if you are still thinking of getting one, perhaps we could share the order or whatever ?? T

Expansys have got this one still available:

Expansys Screen Protector

I'm using the original one I mentioned in the earlier thread (cut down to size with a photographic guillotine for a neat edge) and it's doing a fantastic job. No glare, no bubbles and pretty resistant to finger prints.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nushield arrived today, and easily installed.

It does work.

It's doesn't actually stick the screen at all, but stay in place by a couple of tapers top and bottom, which slide into the screen surround. It could have been a couple of MM wider, but it's OK, and I prefer the fact that it doesn't actually stick. It is conductive so the touch screen works a treat.

My only other criticism is that it is shiny and not mat, so I dunno how it'll fair with sun bouncing around off it...

However, for $17 including the "KLEAR SCREEN" wipes (which are just 3 screen wipes for $1.99 - not worth it if you have VDU wipes) it works out to around £9 including delivery - a real bargain!