Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Judder

You may find that it's the flywheel that is the problem. It has a harmonic dampener which often fails. If this is the case you can either buy a new standard flywheel or an aftermarket lighter version which does not have the dampener.

You may find that it's the flywheel that is the problem. It has a harmonic dampener which often fails. If this is the case you can either buy a new standard flywheel or an aftermarket lighter version which does not have the dampener.

any idea on prices??

did i say that this only happens now and then and mainly when is had a run

any idea on prices??

did i say that this only happens now and then and mainly when is had a run

Expect to pay £350 to £450 for a decent lightened flywheel. Maybe Chris Shipley can help you out on a new standard one.

if it was the flywheel or clutch why does it not do it all the time only now and then??/?????

Clutches warm up during use. The heat could be making it behave differently as metals and friction materials expand/contract. Dunno how heat could affect the flywheel...

Do you tow a trailer with it?

no nothing

In wouldn't necessarily jump to a flywheel conclusion...could be an expensive mistake...

But you've gotta start somewhere...do you have any oil leaks in the car? When was the last time your gearbox oil was checked? Is there a chance of a small internal leak?

I used to have a Ford Mondeo which had the factory fitted oil leaks near the gearbox "gasket", and a small amount in via the clutch "breather" the clutch caused judder now and again...