Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Post And Intro To My Car...

Thanks Gents...well so far so good.

The dealer has been very attentive, it is my 3rd car from them, the first two were a 1999 IS200 and then a 2001 IS 200.

Just heard from a friend, he went from Merc S Class to LS430, then to a Bentley, dissatisfied with that he has come back to a new LS....One up for Lexus :)

Should you get rattles from a £25,000 car then?

If Lexus GB read/look through these forums then its a good thing for owners to point out the rattles,no matter how small or annoying they're ownership is as its brings to light, that in some cases the brand is not as luxurious as it should be...."in persuit of perfection"........it helps them (Lexus).

Should you get rattles from a £25,000 car then?

Certainly not ..... I'm just airing my opinions ...... that this forum seems to be flooded with rattling IS250 / 220's ....... not sure that's a good thing for Lexus, but I'm sure others have noticed the increase of Rattle threads :)

Wo are they then Brian?

Almost every other new IS owner .............. rattle this, rattle that !! That's all I see on these forums these days !! :huh:

Well there certainly seems to have been a few rattles thrown out of prams....

Ha ha ...I like it :lol::lol:

gotta say I agree with scarface, give the rattle business a break, I've started to drive with no stereo 2 see if I can hear these rattles. Just a wee bit obsessive! Buddy of mine collected new Beemer 320 SI, rattles from the get go with an ugly mug.

.... rattle this, rattle that !! That's all I see on these forums these days !! :huh:

OT but maybe you should stay away from those dogging forums fella :P

It does seem to be a problem for a lot of people though!

Oh, and to the OP, welcome to LOC :D

How are you getting on with the new car now youve had time to drive it more ?

Hi Chips....It's getting on for two weeks of driving it now, and, well, it's ok.....Unfortunately it hasn't sent

me over the moon in love like my IS 200's did (two of them), they have gone a lot more luxury saloon with

this one, where as with the 200 I felt it was setup with the perfect mix of sporty and luxury, this one is total

luxury.

My fault for not testing the various incarnations of the car, but I went straight for the SE Auto, which was

the equivalent to the IS 200SE Auto I had.

Sounds weird to say that I am not over the moon with it, as there is nothing to dislike, I'd have just liked a bit more of a

driving experience, which I feel the 200 delivered but the 250 doesn't.

Anyone else feel like this, or is it just me?

Hi Chips....It's getting on for two weeks of driving it now, and, well, it's ok.....Unfortunately it hasn't sent

me over the moon in love like my IS 200's did (two of them), they have gone a lot more luxury saloon with

this one, where as with the 200 I felt it was setup with the perfect mix of sporty and luxury, this one is total

luxury.

My fault for not testing the various incarnations of the car, but I went straight for the SE Auto, which was

Sounds weird to say that I am not over the moon with it, as there is nothing to dislike, I'd have just liked a bit more of a

It's why I went Diesel...the auto was toooooo refined when I tested it, though now I believe the auto would be better marginally to live with...the diesel is good, but has one or 2 annoying quirks!!

well done - great car you have there!!

luxury.

Yep ... I do

luxury.

I agree..that's why I kept my IS200, although my wife drives it most of the time now I still take it for a blast now and again as a change from the 250. Enjoy driving both but the 200 has the edge on enjoyment when you're pushing it on A & B roads. :)

Well after a bit longer with my car, the relationship seems to be improving :D

I've driven her a bit more in anger now, using manual mode, and she is actually setup

quite nicely. Annoying that the paddle changes move with the steering wheel, so you are

always trying to guess where they are, not ideal for me, as you feed the wheel, get the steering

set, then think, where are the paddles, but hey, the gear stick is there to change gear with.

Fuel consumption averages 29.5mpg, and all my driving is suburban, round trip commute to

work is 15 miles a day, and I am now 2 days short of a fortnight between fill ups, though it will

probably needs filling up today. I can live with £100/mth of fuel.

So, all in all, a lot happier :)

I've driven her a bit more in anger now, using manual mode, and she is actually setup

quite nicely. Annoying that the paddle changes move with the steering wheel, so you are

always trying to guess where they are, not ideal for me, as you feed the wheel, get the steering

set, then think, where are the paddles, but hey, the gear stick is there to change gear with.

It's funny - I remember critics moaning about Ferrari's paddle change for not moving with the wheel... you can't please everyone I guess!!

I'd rather they moved with the wheel personally, unless I'm on a tight turn and need to move the wheel more than about 3/4 turn, I leave my hands where they are anyway, much easier that way and seems safer to me than 'feeding the wheel' as you always know exactly where the wheels are pointing.

Why do they teach you to feed the wheel anyway?