Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i,m thinking of buying a 98 mk4 but the sat nav screen is just black or sometimes goes white!.

the rest of the car is ok and i,m not to worried about getting lost etc but is this a major problem?.

my local lexus dealer sents them off to be repaired and does not know the cause or cost. :question:

cheers maz

Hi Maz,

When I had a radio problem I spoke to the car audio blokes I have used before, they told me about a web company they send Merc sat nav screens to, www.fixmyradio.co.uk they repair them for a fraction of the Merc price, I have not used them for sat nav sreens, but they were extremely good with my radio.

I would suspect that Lexus send the sat nav screens to their usual repairer in Bradford, Autosound.

I would get a repair estimate for a new screen from them before proceeding, I would think that a problem with the car like this, is a very good bargaining down issue, most people will run a mile from it.

Hope this helps,

Chris Vince

Maz,

Sorry I forgot to add, in my opinion this is a major problem as eventually you will not be able to control the heating / climate control, radio, tape, or cd, and sat nav, as all are touch screen controlled on a MK4.

Regards,

Chris

i,m thinking of buying a 98 mk4 but the sat nav screen is just black or sometimes goes white!.

the rest of the car is ok and i,m not to worried about getting lost etc but is this a major problem?.

my local lexus dealer sents them off to be repaired and does not know the cause or cost. :question:

cheers maz

I've never heard of problems with the satnav screen on the LS, and I read the US forums too. I would run a mile like Chris says.

cheers maz

I've never heard of problems with the satnav screen on the LS, and I read the US forums too. I would run a mile like Chris says.

Came across these people tonight while surfing, may be worth a call with your problem, http://www.dashtechservices.co.uk/