Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Sport Sat Nav

Hi,

I've just bought an IS 200 Sport Navigator with a 2001 reg. The problem I have is that I don't know how the Sat Nav works. Neither did the man I bought it from. When I turn on the Sat Nav it says the Lexus bit then a bit about using it safely.

By reading some of the members questions I've found out that there is a hard drive in the boot next to the spare wheel, I've found this, and it appears to be empty. Also there appears to be no button to eject any disc that's inside the hard drive.

Does anybody no what's wrong, or is it just as simple has not having a disc in the hard drive. If it is the latter of the two where can I buy a Sat Nav disc from. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Hi,

I've just bought an IS 200 Sport Navigator with a 2001 reg. The problem I have is that I don't know how the Sat Nav works. Neither did the man I bought it from. When I turn on the Sat Nav it says the Lexus bit then a bit about using it safely.

By reading some of the members questions I've found out that there is a hard drive in the boot next to the spare wheel, I've found this, and it appears to be empty. Also there appears to be no button to eject any disc that's inside the hard drive.

Does anybody no what's wrong, or is it just as simple has not having a disc in the hard drive. If it is the latter of the two where can I buy a Sat Nav disc from. Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!

Turn key ignition on, go to the box in the boot (CD drive not Hard Drive) and pull down the flap on the front. If theres a disc in there it will come out. I do think however that it there were no disc the satnav screen who say word to the effect.

Thank you for that information, I done as you said and yes I did have a disc in the back. It was a verson 3.4, what do I do next to get the Sat Nav working?

I take it the Sat Nav works on speach and not touching the screen?

3.4 is quite a recent disc........is it a genuine CD?

Repeat the above.

Turn key ignition on, go to the box in the boot and pull down the flap on the front. Insert disk.....and wait.

Sat nav should boot up using the disc.

If you have the small remote in the centre console you have to press the centre joystick down (like a button) to continue.

Hope that helps.

Rob

The disc looks genuine enough, it's black with a map of GB on it with the words version 3.4 on the left hand side.

With the next bit that's where I may have a problem. I have the bit in the middle I think you mean, but no joystick. However there is a button in the middle next to what appears to be a picture of a car phone, it looks like at some point in the past that somebody has removed the top plastic cover.

I've tried pressing the button in the middle before and nothing happens.

Do I need to take it somewhere to get fixed, if so any idea where? or any other ideas?

Thank you for your help with this problem.

When the safety bit comes up, you have to click OK on the remote control which is by the handbrake.

I assume you have the remote control?

ditto just press theok buttin which is the joystick bit on the little remote control. this should then take you to a map of where you currently are located from there.

Hi,

Yeah that looks like that's what I am missing. At some point in the cars life somebody has taken it out. Any idea where I can get one from?

I would think that realistically the only place you'll get one is Lexus. Unless your really lucky and someone on the forum, has one that they no longer have use for. Quite a few have upgraded the satnav to PDA style I think.

Best of luck though :)

So if you dont have that bit then you should still have the cradle it should go into?

right next to the handbrake.

BTW the remote control units do come up on here and on eBay .....not often but it does happen.

After, i think, 2002 the nav units changed to DVD and the remote was built into the center console.

• 2 weeks later...

easy peeps,,

does any have or know where i can get a wiring diagram for the is200 sat nav, as i have a after market screen which i want to get power from to power up the factory sat nav.. can any one help!!!!!!

Hi,