Fargo

Led Speedo Cluster Conversion - Group Buy

Guys, Finallly sourced some proper plug and play LED's for this conversion.

Price is £40 shipped (uk) which is half the price of the 1st gen kit i did, appologies to those that had the 1st gen but unfortuantly these 2nd gen have only recently come onto the market and are what i have been looking for for the last 2 years.

Colours availabe are Blue, Green, Red and White

White light is very hard to mathc up so this kit has two resistors to dull down the intensity on the lower rpm and on the fuel areas, the picture of the white is via my phone.

the other colours are uniform colour..

the blue and green are via normal camera albeit with no flash and a bit shakey.

will be offering this on a Group buy at £40, the price reflects reduced customs and shipping costs vs single buys.

med_gallery_2234_97_101388.jpg

gallery_2234_97_204596.jpg

med_gallery_2234_97_3204.jpg

before anyone asks, the a/c panel etc will be offered shortly...again as a plug and play for approx the same costs.

installation is as simple as replacing the stock bulb, remove the orange bulb (PL1-5)

med_gallery_2234_97_89387.jpg

and push in the LED bulb except for the fuel and lower rpm bulbs (PL4 & 5) as the new leds will need to be pushed through from the other side and the legs soldered to the board. a resister is used for the white LEDS only

med_gallery_2234_97_111921.jpg

full instructions provided....

I'll have an A/C one off you Paul when they're out :D I've still not fitted my 1st gen conversion, can't remember what colour I've got :duh:

I would be interested once the air con conversion is available.

What about the rest of the switches?

Loving the white ones, they look great! How hard/easy are these to fit and can you revert back to standard?

Loving the white ones, they look great! How hard/easy are these to fit and can you revert back to standard?

Look pretty simple to fit, but looks like you need a bit of soldering experience if you choose the white ones.

the soldering will have to be done for all colours, but only on 2 of the 5 leds, reverting back to standard is not a problem and is a direct reversal of fitting the leds..

the a/c wont be anytime soon, so if you want the gauge i suggest getting them now..

I'll take a set of the white ones...

I'll also be interested in the rest of the dash lights when available. :D

How many do you need in the group buy? Doesn't seem to be much interest so far!

there isnt any lower limit really for this GB, but wanted to order majority in one hit, if not enough interest then so be it.

Look pretty simple to fit, but looks like you need a bit of soldering experience if you choose the white ones.

Not a problem for moi, I have on many occassions soldered mobile phones.

How easy is the removal of the dash unit itself?

easy to remove the cluster...

so the leds are housed in the same twist on connectors as the original bulbs? if thats the case then it would be possible to use them on the GS speedo if the housings are the same size.

Ill have a set not sure which colour yet tho ill let you know

so the leds are housed in the same twist on connectors as the original bulbs? if thats the case then it would be possible to use them on the GS speedo if the housings are the same size.

yep

yep

i'll have the cluster out and have a peek any numbers on the standard bulbs to compare?

If I can find some instructions on how to remove the cluster, then i'll have a white set :D

Anything happening with this?

Paul if your out there, this is not a dig at you or anything but just a personal experience with the Gen II kit.

Just for the record...

I installed these second generation LEDs in my cluster and they are starting to fail. They were installed about 5 weeks ago by a reputable auto electrians. They flicker from time to time and its quite annoying at night. I am going to go back to standard setup when I get the time to remove them. I know they are starting to fail because the first generation kit started to flicker also until one day they didnt light at all, hence my upgrade to Gen II kit

hmmm,you aint had much luck with either of the kits on yours.. i had the same prob on the second gen, but only on 1 bulb, what i found was the polaritys wernt correct.. i assume that your guy installed the polaritys the same as the stock ones..

my blue ones have been running for some time now all ok...

no worrys i'll refund you, pm me your paypal addy..

@ others, ,dont think i'll ber doing this kit, certianly not in the immediate future, just moved house, gota get my IS back to stock and winter time is real busy for uas poor heating engineers...

I buy most of my LEDs from ultraleds. There prices are fairly reasonable.

I think this conversion should not cost as much. Last time I checked ultraleds were selling twist fit bulbs for around £2, any colour, or 25 for £29. A 5mm leds along with a resistors shouldn't be more than £2 either. Maybe your stuff is special.

I would also recommend dotlight, they have great choice. I bought some high power luxeons from them, top quality.

cant use 'normal' 5mm leds, the problem which has dogged the speedo conversion all this time is because you need an LED that spreads 180deg light pattern so the clear plastic bits in the speedo can pick up the light and spread it, normal leds omnly have approx 15deg spread..

other twist lock style bulbs/leds again do not have the spread or brightness.

dot light are where i got the 1st gen leds from, started with the 1W luxeons then moved to the golden dragons as these could be fitted to the stock bulb holders.

Re the a/c panel,, my original attempt was using approx 25 5mm leds all hand positioned but again you have to get this just right and is not something i wich to do over and over..

What LEDs are you using for this project?

Oh no :( Paul are you saying you're not going to do the A/C conversion for us guys with half the kit? :(

If it's not difficult, and you can source me all the parts, i can do it myself. Just need to be told how.