Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Servicing

jay m

just recently hit the 60k mark and figured i shoud try keep up the lexus service history. Only ting holding me back was hearing that is was less than cheap.

What do they check/replace etc and what sort of price mark am i likely to be looking at if it all goes to plan which im hoping it will or its time to sell some limbs... lol

cheers

jay

I'm reaching this mark soon too ... another 4K and I'm sooo not looking forward to it !

But if you want to keep the FLSH then it's gonig to have to be paid for !

....... unless anyone else has any better ideas?

I think you'll find it's around the £400 mark for a 60k service. The extra cost is the replacement spark plugs. You could supply them and oil yourself to bring the cost down.

I spoke to Nationwide Auto Centre who quoted me £200 all in for a major service. Around half as much, but no dealer stamp.

As others have said in previous threads, you need to weigh up the age of the car, and how long you plan to keep it for...... as some stage in it's life a FLSH won't really make a lot of difference....... I know it won't why I get rid of mine.

I had the 60K done at an independant, using Lexus parts - £234, which I thought was reasonable.

FLSH does not add ONE PENNY to the sale price or a car, what it MAY do is to add to the saleability...i.e. jusy how fast it sells.

Since I'm not planning to part company with my IS over the next few years, I decline to pay the extortionate service prices that Lexus ask, and take it to my independent, who will fit my own suppled parts at a fraction of the Jewish Lexus prices

FLSH does not add ONE PENNY to the sale price or a car, what it MAY do is to add to the saleability...i.e. jusy how fast it sells.

Since I'm not planning to part company with my IS over the next few years, I decline to pay the extortionate service prices that Lexus ask, and take it to my independent, who will fit my own suppled parts at a fraction of the Jewish Lexus prices

I agree with you totally. I do the same, who is ex-Lexus anyway.

I agree with you totally. I do the same, who is ex-Lexus anyway.

And if you start taking it away from standard, and modding it, the target market when it move on time is reduced as well, so go indi and save a few quid.

have they got back to you yet

i have just emailed serveral in the north west but my price wont include Spark Plugs as i am doing that myself!

will post the results once they have been recieved

have you emailed lexus sheffield by aby chance?

reason i ask is that i never get a reply when ever i have tried to email them. :duh: