Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Remove The Bugs From The Bonnet

Last friday I took my IS to the carwash for the first time.

They do an excellent job (as they use no brushes, triple foam, etc... the works). There is only one problem: the bugs are not completely removed from the bonnet. There are still "vague" marks left on it (even though they use anti-insect spray before washing the car... Maybe it's not powerful enough).

I use some kind of product that easily removes the bugs from the front window (no "scrubbing" whatsoever needed, just apply it, immediately wipe it off, and the bug marks are gone). This product is intended for usage with windows.

Question is: could I use the same product on the bonnet you think? Just to remove those marks...

why do bugs end up on everyones bonnet ?

why are they near the roads ?, why arent they in the fields smelling nectar and all those sweet things that they are meant to do

you think they would have learnt by now :lol:

why do bugs end up on everyones bonnet ?

why are they near the roads ?, why arent they in the fields smelling nectar and all those sweet things that they are meant to do

you think they would have learnt by now :lol:

Unfortunatly the ones that learn aren't in any condidtion to go back and tell the others.

Lidl sell an excellant product for 99 pence. Trouble is, it's only available as a special product so you have to watch out for it. Was in the shops last week so some branches may still have some. Just spray it on, leave it for a couple of minutes and then wash as normal - wouldn't be without it. Got the Turtle Wax stuff when I ran out of the other and finished up with white residue around the grill and rubber - not impressed.

Baby wipes... no harmfull chemicals and not abrasive :winky: :D

Also usefull for all you biker's, just leave a flat-pack of these under your seat... brill for getting bugs off your visor/bike :) (obviously buff off with a dry cloth after)

Shinier than a baby's bum!!! :lol:

Also usefull for all you biker's, just leave a flat-pack of these under your seat... brill for getting bugs off your visor/bike :) (obviously buff off with a dry cloth after)

That's a bloody great little tip :) I'll be trying that one out...

I'll tell you what. Since my daughter was born 3 years ago I think I have found a 100 uses for baby wipes. They clean almost anything and don't seem to leave anything behind.

Over use on spots on cloth can bleach a little though so be carefull