Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hand Wash Or Car Wash

Mr Flibble

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never a car was!

Hand wash normally but do take it to my local hand car wash for a fiver they do a blinding job.

I take mine to the Hand Car Wash peope ..... fiver,

Which one Scarface, i know you live near me so do you use the one on Church Elm Lane?

Can't believe i never see you about!!

Wouldn't chance it as the Lexus ( toyota) paint seems to scratch very easily.... my neighbours cat made a right mess of my bonnet recently :(

I had to get the bonnet resprayed too only 100 squid so not that bad, I have three cats reckon i should get rid of them incase they scratch it up? :hehe:

I never go through a car wash in mine... always prefer the hand wash, although i have heard recently, that in the newer Car Wash places they use a different drying technique to take the water away... so in some ways a hand wash is good for the hand job, but a car wash gets you a blow job. :lol:

Which one Scarface, i know you live near me so do you use the one on Church Elm Lane?

Can't believe i never see you about!!

I use the one on the A1306 mate...... past the Maccy Dees .... on the left hand side, big yellow one ?

use the one on the A1306 mate...... past the Maccy Dees .... on the left hand side, big yellow one ?

Yeah know where you mean, you should try the one in Church Elm Lane surprises me how good a job they do!

Also surprised how i never see your car about!

I never go through a car wash in mine... always prefer the hand wash, although i have heard recently, that in the newer Car Wash places they use a different drying technique to take the water away... so in some ways a hand wash is good for the hand job, but a car wash gets you a blow job. :lol:

They provide that service in car washes now?, which one do you go to! ? :lol::lol:

Hand wash or jet Wash(no brush) If i'm feeling lazy. :) but still wipe down after :blush: and the car :lol:

Usually always hand wash myself - but I was in a rush and feeling lazy yesterday so took it to a hand wash place: asked them to be careful as I had a few tiny stone chips on the bonnet but they pulled out the jet wash wands and blitzed away. When I checked it out after sure enough the jet has got under the stone chip and blown off a hole about the size of a ten pence piece of grey primer on my bonet. Gutted. :crybaby:

Never again.

Hand wash or jet Wash(no brush) If i'm feeling lazy. :) but still wipe down after :blush: and the car :lol:

Usually always hand wash myself - but I was in a rush and feeling lazy yesterday so took it to a hand wash place: asked them to be careful as I had a few tiny stone chips on the bonnet but they pulled out the jet wash wands and blitzed away. When I checked it out after sure enough the jet has got under the stone chip and blown off a hole about the size of a ten pence piece of grey primer on my bonet. Gutted. :crybaby:

Never again.

Oh dear.. you going to take it back to xclusiveuk?

Never again.

Oh dear.. you going to take it back to xclusiveuk?

Yes eventually - done a touch up job for now (not pretty) - but will be taking it back for bonnet respray when budget/time allows :(

Yes eventually - done a touch up job for now (not pretty) - but will be taking it back for bonnet respray when budget/time allows :(

Should the paint come off that easily? Or did the washers put the jet nozzle like 1cm away from the chip - the muppets.

Should the paint come off that easily? Or did the washers put the jet nozzle like 1cm away from the chip - the muppets.

You got it - muppets indeed.

Needless to say all this happened under a huge sign saying "We take no responsibility for any damage..." etc.

Only got myself to blame really.

i'm in the same boat mate!

i was gifted with a few stone chips on a leisurely sunday drive a few weeks ago... i also managed to collect those lovely dumb flies, that like to smell bumpers and bonnets while i'm driving, so anyway, took it to a hand wash place, and they got out the jet washers...

i obviously didn't know about the chips at the time on the front bumper, but the jet wash got under the chips and ripped off about an inch of paint... leaving the primer...

i'm now waiting for some touch up paint to repair the damage... :(

i'm now waiting for some touch up paint to repair the damage... :(

Um, Niraj, did I imagine it: or doesn't your dad run a body shop?

Don't settle for touch up if you can avoid it - you'll never be happy with the result especially on the bonnet. I know I'm not....

my dad has a garage but sub out our paintwork, and i already asked if i could have it resprayed, but he goes it's not worth the hassle just yet :(

the peel is on the lower part of the bumper, so a good mask, and spray should bring it back to satisfactory (for now) :( it'll teach me to not drive so fast :excl:

i'll take some pics before and after, so you can see how good my "touch up" jobs are :winky: