Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Look Inside Mk2 Aristo Owners!

skeet94

Hello everybody,

Was browsing through ClubLexus forums and came across a VERY interesting thread. It's about how you can get into the service menu of the amplifier to "tweak" the gain & EQ on the amplifier. Getting into the service menu, do the following steps:

1) Turn the key one notch

2) Immediately press the top and bottom buttons on the right hand side of the screen (buttons on the drivers side). Top button is the Climate Control button and the bottom one is the Stereo button.

3) Whilst holding these buttons, turn the lights on and off upto the first notch three or five times till the screen changes into Japanese characters.

Now what I'd like to know is...who here can read Japanese? So I can take some pictures tomorrow and post them up on here so they can translate :). It's a worthwhile "tweak" as it may even help some of us from upgrading the stereo system if the EQ works how I think it does (frequency and Q).

Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions.

Mitul.

Is it the same design as the GS300 one?

CD-based nav:-

ca_1.JPG

DVD-based nav:-

0f_12.JPG

If so, perhaps someone with one of these could try the same, and if they get the same menu, take a few piccies?

Although not the same the amplifier is the same IIRC. I've got a feeling it's different menus though...I see you've got a Mk2 GS300 ;) Care to give it a try? Just don't make any adjustments and take pictures? PLEASEEEE?? :D

Although not the same the amplifier is the same IIRC. I've got a feeling it's different menus though...I see you've got a Mk2 GS300 ;) Care to give it a try? Just don't make any adjustments and take pictures? PLEASEEEE?? :D

Not got satnav!

eXOBeX: Here you go mate...direct link is at: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread...ear+door+lights

"To get into the settings you need to press the CD button 3 times WHILE holding down buttons 1 AND 6. ( you can let go of buttons 1 & 6 now) Then you have to hold down the AM button for about 4 seconds. and you will get "AUDIO" on the display. Then you can just hit the tape button to toggle through F, R, W and just like girvan said now you can use the up/down button to change these settings. I just wanted to let everyone know that this does work."

Hey folks, can I just ask please, is this also applicable to the JBL / Mark Levinson sound system as fitted to the Vertex edition as the CL thread refers to the Pioneer system?

Hey folks, can I just ask please, is this also applicable to the JBL / Mark Levinson sound system as fitted to the Vertex edition as the CL thread refers to the Pioneer system?

Yep the JBL system in the Vertex Edition uses a Pioneer CD Player/Amplifier. I'm not sure about the Mark Levinson system, but it should work no doubt...just that you'll have a hard time translating Japanese to English.

Still waiting on Gaz to see if he's had any luck yet - Gaz?

Have fun Maneesh? Did it work? Hoping it did :).

Yes I tried it. I played with the settings a bit and ended up with TOO MUCH bass. Gave me a bloody headache on the drive back from Belgium. It seems settings set at factory by Pioneer are neutral, and it's worth a play with the settings if you listen to bass heavy music etc.

Does this work on the newer DVD Nav systems?

I pressed the buttons and done the lights thing, got the diagnostics screen up (in Jap), all comes up ok, then im lost.

The instructions in the link above seem to be for the CD based system.

I have two screen shots of what I got, would it be useful if I posted them?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

Can anyone please enlighten me as I cannot access the audio menu once the diagnostic test is complete.

I waited until the diagnostic test was complete then pressed the top right hand button on the touch screen (which i assumed it was the menu button) then when it goes on to next screen I pressed the AM button for over 5 seconds but nothing happens

Is there anything Iam not doing right?

Regards

Rocky