Sign in to follow this  
waddy

Anyone Got A Tte S/c Kicking About?

As the title really.

Got that hunger for a bit more out of the old girl and am thinking about one of these.

Not seen any for sale for a while.

Dave - if you've got any kicking about do you fancy doing an el special dealio? :winky:

As the title really.

Got that hunger for a bit more out of the old girl and am thinking about one of these.

Dave - if you've got any kicking about do you fancy doing an el special dealio? :winky:

I know of an even more impressive Toyomoto / Rotrex kit that's available young Padwan :blink: :D

As the title really.

I know of an even more impressive Toyomoto / Rotrex kit that's available young Padwan :blink: :D

but wouldnt that need a lot of fabrication for it to fit - its not exactly a straight bolt on kit compared to the TTE kit

As the title really.

but wouldnt that need a lot of fabrication for it to fit - its not exactly a straight bolt on kit compared to the TTE kit

Some minor changes to the pipework, not much more.....

Finally succumbed to some proper modding then Mark :lol:

Finally succumbed to some proper modding then Mark :lol:

Thinking about it Ad - just got to sort out finances and insurance - if they'll touch me.

Mr Morse - we can have a chatty poo - little nervous that it isn't a stright bolt on as Rob said, you've been in the back of my mind though. I know your rotrex will be able to push the limits but don't want to start fecking around with internals (yet).

Would need a full map on the car too and a new ECU to run it? Plus Controller etc etc. The bank manager would have my pants down.

A shout to Mr Dave..............Holla !!

ah talk of the rotrex kit, i've been trawling the net for the last few nights sending out e-mails but everyone sends back meaasges all allong the lines, lexus.... so we dont havn't had enough interest to fabricate this kit to suit the car. i was reading old threads about how the rotrex could be kickin out about 250bhp, is this true?

any idea of a price to get everything needed up and runing and where to source one from?

lol saw your subtitle and thought you were still suffering from that night in Chesterfield :P

Wondered how long it would take you fella!

If you want something done quick, go for the TTE, that can be turned around in less than a day, if you can do without the car, go for the Rotrex...

IMHO if that's still your daily driver - go for the TTE, it's reliable and you know exactly what you're letting yourself in for :)

I don't actually want the power Aido - I want to be like you - you're my hero!!

We'll have to terrorise Chesvegas again soon buddy - make a night if it with a ruby and a few stella's!

Will bring the Mrs up to your manor !! :shifty:

I don't actually want the power Aido - I want to be like you - you're my hero!!

We'll have to terrorise Chesvegas again soon buddy - make a night if it with a ruby and a few stella's!

Will bring the Mrs up to your manor !! :shifty:

I'm a lot of people's hero fella lolol :P

Sounds good to me, tidied up yesterday downstairs and it looked mega, until the house got trashed at 5am this morning lol!

It's all just wrong!

Haven't seen Tracey for ages, yeah bring her up pal, I just won't mention that place me and you went to - if she finds out you went to the chip shop she'll kill you for breaking your diet :whistling:

You would enjoy the car with the TTE though, the turbo though, oooooh that would be mega :D

If nothing else, they sound great! :D trouble is, once you get the extra bhp......you get other urges!

The insurance shouldnt take advantage of your rectum to much Waddy, an extra £400 or so. Go for it mate, you wont look back!

Thing is brakes and suspension really need doing first so i don't end up with dents where i don't want them.

Money is queer and my money tree died due to the hot weather. :(

Ive yet to bother with doing my suspension, I may get some uprated ARBs soon though. Sell your birds car mate, that should give you some cash :D

LOL - she'd have my knackers as ear-rings !!

Z3 is fun with the 2.8 but it's not the Lex :winky:

Gonna mosey on down to fensport i think and see if they've got owt exciting :shifty:

Thing is brakes and suspension really need doing first so i don't end up with dents where i don't want them.

Money is queer and my money tree died due to the hot weather. :(

Mate the brakes on the IS as standard are more than good enough for the supercharged car imho, or do you just mean the standard ones are worn and need replacing?

I ran my car with the charger and stuff on standard brakes constantly - don't think I had these new disks on for very long at all with the charger?

I also ran on the standard suspension for ages until I had the ARB's fitted - running mine at the moment as standard just with the Eibach's on and to be honest I love it, more stable than when I had the coils fitted, not as snap happy at the rear end....

Just get the charger and let Tracey do whatever she wants to you - she normally does :P

Just got to find one.......

IIRC isn't there a problem with the pre-cats melting and stuffing down the zorst pipes with s/c's? (or am i being a plank?)

I thougt a few people had this problem.

It's happened mate, I had the charger on for 30,000 miles I think max and no probs at all with my precats...

Think TTE swap the precats, a lot of the guys here gutted theirs..

To be honest not sure if it was the SC that caused it or just the higher temps that the engine is outputting, think it's more of a problem in Europe if I recall as the guys there on the Autobahns can sit at silly speeds for long periods of time?

There were a few gutted manifolds floating around on here ages ago, not sure if they still are?

Mark.. pop up to see Steve at Charlesworth, He'll take the pre cats out for a real good price. Better to be safe than sorry

Better still fit a completely decatted 3" straight thru system

there is a strong possibility my charger and prolex manifold will be up for sale on monday,priced at £2k for complete parts,charger covered 16.5k,if youre interested

there is a strong possibility my charger and prolex manifold will be up for sale on monday,priced at £2k for complete parts,charger covered 16.5k,if youre interested

Slightly :offtopic: What you doing then mate :question:

What's the going rate ££ on Toyomoto / Rotrex systems :question:

How much for the manifold.......? :)