Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advise On The Alarm Please

GWilso

My alarm does not work when I put my arms through the window ive tried it with pressing the key fob once and twice(1flash 5flash) and in each case it won't work.

Although if I lock the car with key fob and try to open the door with the key the alarm goes off?

In the passenger footwell there is the siren unit for the alarm sounder and just beside the front interior light is another sensor that is velcro'd to the interior roof lining do you have this on any of your Models? Is this standard manufacturers equipment or is this an aftermarket alarm

99 model eeeeemmmm whats wrong??????

My alarm does not work when I put my arms through the window ive tried it with pressing the key fob once and twice(1flash 5flash) and in each case it won't work.

Although if I lock the car with key fob and try to open the door with the key the alarm goes off?

In the passenger footwell there is the siren unit for the alarm sounder and just beside the front interior light is another sensor that is velcro'd to the interior roof lining do you have this on any of your Models? Is this standard manufacturers equipment or is this an aftermarket alarm

I don't have this alarm on my IS200 SE 99' plate so I guess you've got an aftermarket job. The standard alarm on my car does not have internal sensors so when you move inside the car the alarm won't go off. The only way of setting the standard alarm off is to either open the boot, door or bonnet whilst the alarm is activated. I get the same as you do (1flash 5flash) Hope this helps. :)

IF you have an SE then for some reason the standard alarm has been replaced because the alarm siren is in the boot and there are NO external sensors visable.

I don't have this alarm on my IS200 SE 99' plate so I guess you've got an aftermarket job. The standard alarm on my car does not have internal sensors so when you move inside the car the alarm won't go off. The only way of setting the standard alarm off is to either open the boot, door or bonnet whilst the alarm is activated. I get the same as you do (1flash 5flash) Hope this helps. :)

that is wrong mate - you do have internal sensors they are inside the dome light, the sensitivity can be set by the dealer, are you waiting for the security light to start flashing before you move about in the car??