Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cambelt Change?

Got a mate that will be changing my cambelt on the lex, just want to ask a few questions and hope one of you lot will know?!?!?!?

Does anyone know what size the bottom pulley nut is?

and

I have the cambelt and ahve bought the tensioner but the guy at lexus said i will not need to change the idler wheel? has anyone ever had one go on their IS? Im not sure weather to change it anyway although i don't really have the money, and is their anything else i should change while i have the car in pieces???

Many thanks,

Jason :P

hmmmm..... prob worth me changing some of the auxilary belts too.

......just need some cash now for the parts, that will teach me for buying the lex while im still a student i guess :sick:

Not just Lexus i'm afraid.....

My wifes A-class was running like crap lately so took it in for a check up...

turns out the fuel filter was almost completely blocked and this caused excessive wear on the fuel pump..... so new fuel pump and filter plus alot of labour charges as it's a very compact car access is poor.....

Didn't get the bill yet but was told in would be over €600 euro..... :sick:

Water pump: £103

Cam belt : £25

Tensioner:£47

All rough prices,but thats what i got quoted from my dealer.

Got Cambelt and Tensioner already!. Surely i won't need to actually change the waterpump will i?????

anyone had theirs done recently???? if so what did they change?

Why does the water pump need changing?

Whilst I'm doing an engine rebuild I'll also be changing the cambelt plus tensioner needed....so will I also need a new water pump? The car has only done just over 40k miles. Although this wont matter engine wise

If the cam belt needs changing coz of mileage/perished i would make a point of checking/replacing the pump

as its not a 5 min task,so if your on a high miler and you've not replaced the pump its probably a good thing to change it at the same time....as it'll be s.ods law it will go and the belt will have to come off to replace the pump.

Personal choice of course.

If the cam belt needs changing coz of mileage/perished i would make a point of checking/replacing the pump

as its not a 5 min task,so if your on a high miler and you've not replaced the pump its probably a good thing to change it at the same time....as it'll be s.ods law it will go and the belt will have to come off to replace the pump.

Personal choice of course.

But with only doing just over 40,000 miles but changing my cam belt anyway.. should I replace the pump too?

Jason mine needs doing soon as well i could come down to meet you and we could do both cars, how do you know how to do it you got a book or something ??

Im not doing it as such! My mate who's a mechanic is doing it on the cheap for me, he has done a few is's before so knows what he's doing but wanted to make sure that i get everything changed that i need to!