Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Got The L-tuned Zausts On!

Tony and Simon down at Torque Exhausts in Enfield put them on. Those guys are super friendly and reliable if you need exhaust work done. My flanges were so rusted though, they had to chop them off and connect using a cap.

You get the "vrooom" when you start the car. They sound luxuriously deep, not like Skyline/Supra types. Amazing at low revs with noise from induction kit too, then higher on the exhausts get quieter and it's just the rasp of the induction kit.. :duh: Quiet when cruising too, can't hear them with windows up.

Yet more "bling" to polish!!! :blush:

85918956-S.jpg

85919102-S.jpg

85919126-S.jpg

looks great i wouldnt mind the duel exhaust look on my IS, do any other club members have it?

cars still super shiny

when was the last time you polished and waxed it?

Looking good Maneesh!

If they're anything like the one's I've had from new they'll sound even better once they've got about 1000 miles on them!

As for the duals, there are quite a few IS' with dual exits out there, the Monster, Mr Morse (nore sure if they're done though), a guy up Edinburgh way and and a guy in London way, can't remember his name though!

Oh yeah, and there's me :D

looks great i wouldnt mind the duel exhaust look on my IS, do any other club members have it?

cars still super shiny

when was the last time you polished and waxed it?

Looking good Maneesh!

If they're anything like the one's I've had from new they'll sound even better once they've got about 1000 miles on them!

As for the duals, there are quite a few IS' with dual exits out there, the Monster, Mr Morse (nore sure if they're done though), a guy up Edinburgh way and and a guy in London way, can't remember his name though!

Oh yeah, and there's me :D

look great where abouts did you get the from/done?

Tony and Simon down at Torque Exhausts in Enfield put them on. Those guys are super friendly and reliable if you need exhaust work done. My flanges were so rusted though, they had to chop them off and connect using a cap.

You get the "vrooom" when you start the car. They sound luxuriously deep, not like Skyline/Supra types. Amazing at low revs with noise from induction kit too, then higher on the exhausts get quieter and it's just the rasp of the induction kit.. :duh: Quiet when cruising too, can't hear them with windows up.

Yet more "bling" to polish!!! :blush:

They look really good mate really nice, just right. cars looking fantastic.

:D

Could you copy the pics to your registry/gallery please Maneesh. Most pics in posts don't display for me for some reason (some do). Getting really fed up with reading comments from others how good something looks and then realising I can't see the pics :sick:

Could you copy the pics to your registry/gallery please Maneesh. Most pics in posts don't display for me for some reason (some do). Getting really fed up with reading comments from others how good something looks and then realising I can't see the pics :sick:

Maybe you have a firewall ..... or some other settings stopping them ?

Looks nice Maneesh ........ the pursuit to beat me still lives on .......... :shutit: :tomato:

looks good man,, BUT does it have any practical use....

It's extremely practical, definitely noticed more low end torque (up to 20-30mph) - car definitely feels a bit zippier in slow moving traffic. No difference at top end (not that I have any top end power since the bloody intake means I'm running lean, and need a remap!)

It's so practical to have these that I'm able to fill up empty space in my garage by putting the old zausts in the L-tuned box. How useful is that? :lol:

Well its good to know you get a bit more low end torque then.

I'm getting the other two boxes done (situated below the mid section of the car) as well so hopefully I should get some real difference.

Do you really need to get your car remapped? Does it not make any difference if you just reset the ECU?

If you do get remapped let me know cos I'll prob need mine done. Don't want to pay stupid money though, I saw somewhere it was about £500 for all the diagnostics etc.

TDI are quoting £550 for the Unichip piggy back system.

Well its good to know you get a bit more low end torque then.

I'm getting the other two boxes done (situated below the mid section of the car) as well so hopefully I should get some real difference.

Do you really need to get your car remapped? Does it not make any difference if you just reset the ECU?

If you do get remapped let me know cos I'll prob need mine done. Don't want to pay stupid money though, I saw somewhere it was about £500 for all the diagnostics etc.

TDI are quoting £550 for the Unichip piggy back system.

If you are planning on going for the full system (manifold and downpipe) then the fuelling gets a bit confused - fuels rich low down and fuel lean higher up the rev range. You can only cure this by a remap.

BTW don't bother wasting your money on a Dastek Unichip with a NA engine, the gains are not significant.

Cheers for the heads up Maneesh.

Took my cousins bora down there on Friday to get a cat back system done - Top blokes and an excellent job!

Had the chance to see another customers 1000bhp skyline too :rolleyes:

Oh yeah and they asked me if your a real P.i.M.P :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links