Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spare Key

I'd be a bit dissapointed if the owner has lost/mislaid 2 sets of keys after only 6 yrs of ownership!!....i still have all 3 on a X reg Sept 2000.

You can get them from your dealer (pricey) or you could get a blank from e-bay and get the dealer to reprogramme it for you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just bought an IS300 and I only got one key, the grey valet one...

The local dealer said that it was impossible to add more keys without the master.

I called a local locksmith/keycutter place and they said that they could add more keys with their software but only on IS300's from 2002 on (mine is 2001).

They did say that they may be able to clone the valet key so that I at least have two keys.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the master and valet keys?

I can't open the boot with the actual key part on the valet...

Cheers,

Richard.

My 95 Aristo TT only come with one key. The main dealer wanted £140 for one but he told me where to get one for £10 - a local locksmith who scanned my key into a computer control cutting machine then he put a blank into the machine which produced a replica of mine. Only thing is the new key will not unlock the doors nor does mine have a transponder immobiliser in the key fob, but that don't matter cos I had a Cat 1 remote alarm immobiliser fitted to the car anyway.