Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Vga Signal On Via Epia Motherboard - Help!

maneesh

For my carputer, have got via epia sp motherboard. Testing at home, powered it up, you hear the fan starting, but NO beep from motherboard, and NO vga signal going to monitor. Have tried backup via epia M series board, and also two different monitors. Still the same.

I'm thinking it's something to do with bios/cmos settings??

Any ideas guys? :blush:

For my carputer, have got via epia sp motherboard. Testing at home, powered it up, you hear the fan starting, but NO beep from motherboard, and NO vga signal going to monitor. Have tried backup via epia M series board, and also two different monitors. Still the same.

I'm thinking it's something to do with bios/cmos settings??

Any ideas guys? :blush:

have you tried a hard reset using the jumpers and pulling the mainboard Battery?

Can be loads of different things really...

Try basic boot - just RAM and CPU (with the PC speaker attached so you can hear any beeps) and the VGA.

Try any external VGA card as well if you have a spare one.

D.

is the ram seated properly and is it compatible with the motherboard ?

I think that's it. The ram is was using was high density which I now know is not suitable for my chipset. Have ordered new ram stick, so will let you know if it works. The via boards don't boot at all if ram is incorrect.

Thanks for all the advice.

Did try re-setting the cmos setting too.

when i had a via epia system i used pc2100 ddr ram, however i think it will take up to pc2700. i cant remember too well, but its in the manual near the front where it outlines the features of the motherboard. the only other thing i can suggest is to try a pci video card if you can find one.

I'm using an EPIA SP 13000 with ultra-low-profile RAM from linitx.com, works a treat. Not using it in the car though, got a different use for it :winky:

any fast ram will work in a slower board IE 3200 in 2700 and so on.

If the thing is powering up do you get any beeps from the system that will help tell what is wrong.

Make sure the CPU is seated correctly and if the board is agp for graphics make sure you have a 1.5 v card as the older 3.3v cards will not work and could cause permant damage.

oh for :tsktsk: sake, now i'm really :tsktsk: off.

I got crucial brand memory for my epia board. the crucial website says it will work. tried it, and still no vga signal, no beeping.

help!

How are you powering the board? Have you tried a standard ATX power supply? Could be the DC-DC converter board that's acting up, assuming you're running this on 12V.

How are you powering the board? Have you tried a standard ATX power supply? Could be the DC-DC converter board that's acting up, assuming you're running this on 12V.

im using the standard atx power supply. i know power is getting through as the cpu fan comes on.