Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Introduction

murph

Hello All,

I have been the prowd owner of a 1996 Lexus LS400 for about a month now.

I am in the car trade and own 2 garages that opperate selling and performance preparing smart cars (the little city cars) I also act as a business consultant to other car related companies such as Janspeed and others.

I have access to all manner of facilities such as 4 and 2 wd rolling roads at both Salisbury and Watford.

I am active on a number of firums and sponsor some sites.

The lexus was at first bought whilst a couple of my other cars are being repaired etc however I have been taken with how good it is and have decided to sell 3 or 4 of my cars and buy another Lexus (my wife wants the 400!) I think it will be a LS430 but we will see.

I went from Southampton to Edinburgh to collect my car and drove all 439miles at motorway speeds and achieved 32.4mpg, what a good start I thought!

Two weeks ago I put the car in for an MOT to give it a good check over and as prdicted by my collegues the brake hoses and underneath at the rear were corroded due to the salt etc I drove home and promptly broke down with a leak from the master cylinder. I have replaced the master cylinder, brake pipes and am having front and rear discs made with a swirl design as they are more efficient and quiet at the same time, watch this space for photos etc.

I have been cleaning the car for England so to speak and it has come up OK although a few minor dents remain so a trip to dent master maybe in order.

I hope to contribute to the forum and even host a rolling road event or two if I can drum up some interest.

Anyway I hope to meet some of you soon

Best regards

Murph (Paul Murphy)

Hi Guys

Thanks for the words of welcome and support.

I will take some photos later this week and work out how to post them.

I am having my new RED DOT RACING brake discs fitted tomorrow so we will see how they look and perform.

Thanks

murph

Cool - should look great! And welcome to LOC.

P.S. That must be one of the longest new member introduction posts so far! :lol: