Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

R.i.p My Tezza

mus26c

Hi all,

This is to let you know that I have crashed my tezza :crying: on the way home from work on 27th (Thursday) during the thunder storm , I was driving down the A10 coming from herts going towards London when I hit a big buddle of water at 50 mph causing the back end to come out and spin 3 times and head towards the trees knocking few of them out. I am glad that no one else was involved and I am ok.

Police arrived after 40 mins thanks to my hidden location between the trees. Car was towed away by the police ( front suspension was f****d rims were buckled. car was taking to a garage for repair estimate and was told it will be (write off). i am waiting for the insurance company to sort it out.

for the mean while I was considering my options:

1- use import company like Newera and import fresh Manual tezza.

2- consider UK stock and buy locally.

here are the pics :sick: :

27072006002.jpg

27072006001.jpg

27072006004.jpg

27072006007.jpg

27072006009.jpg

27072006010.jpg

Glad you're ok mate, what state were the tyres in when it went, were they new or well worn?

Did the insurance people give you any idea of timeframes?

Hope you get it all resolved soon anyway fella

Bad news mate, at least no one was hurt.

Was it at the Broxbourne junction, if so I saw you when I was on my way home, thought I recognised the car.

thanks for your support fellas, I fondout is something to do with Hydroplaning or aquaplaning. heres a link explaining them http://www.answers.com/topic/hydroplaning-road-vehicle.

to answer your questions:

aido: the tread on the tires was like 3 - 4 mm and I was checking the pressure once a week and keep tires

@ 35 psi. Insurance company will contact me tomorrow morning. will see what they will offer me.

MacRS200: yep, thats where it all happened.

I was looking for another Tezza since last week hardly any available, the only ones I see are the tip ones.

the search continues....

sorry to hear about the motor mate. glad ur ok though.

aquaplaning is a scary experience. were u braking during or entering the water....as i believe this will cause the wheels that are entering the water to lock :crybaby:

MacRS200: yep, thats where it all happened.

Just caught the police car out of the corner of my eye and looked over to see the wounded Tezza.

Really sorry for you mate, did think of turning around but decided that the Feds may object to me joining in so just carried on.

I was looking for another Tezza since last week hardly any available, the only ones I see are the tip ones.

the search continues....

Can you not buy the car back off the insurance and have the engine, box and ECU out of the car and just drop it into a Tip :D

Just caught the police car out of the corner of my eye and looked over to see the wounded Tezza.

Really sorry for you mate, did think of turning around but decided that the Feds may object to me joining in so just carried on.

the search continues....

Can you not buy the car back off the insurance and have the engine, box and ECU out of the car and just drop it into a Tip :D

Totally agree with you, the accident happened in a bendy road, pretty much on a blind spot with heavy traffic, if any car to stop it will cause a pile up. the police took ages to arrive which made few motrists to turn around and stop over to see if I am ok, but when the polic e arrived they were forced to move.

Regarding the engine, ecu and gearbox will see how much they will offer me to buy the car back :)

the search continues....

Totally agree with you, the accident happened in a bendy road, pretty much on a blind spot with heavy traffic, if any car to stop it will cause a pile up. the police took ages to arrive which made few motrists to turn around and stop over to see if I am ok, but when the polic e arrived they were forced to move.

Regarding the engine, ecu and gearbox will see how much they will offer me to buy the car back :)

Sorry to hear about your car m8 :( , if you can buy the car back you could sell the parts you don't need (headlights etc) and use that money to pay for Mods on your new one.

Ouch!

:(

It has Lexus badges on it, i take it your insurance knows it is an Altezza?

yep, they know its an Altezza, I spoke to them today and they said that they sent me a letter stating its a write-off. lets see what they will be offering me :).

Still looking for a manual one, I checked a turbo one, and I read bad reviews about the dealer and I dont like tezza's with big spoilers.

Search continuous............... :D

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

At last, after 8 weeks of negotiations and headaches with the insurance company I managed to get the asking price that I originally insured my car for. I received a phone call on Thursday 12.10.06 to discuss and finalise the deal and I asked them how much it would cost to buy the car back and I was told £1750.

Funnily enough, they were desperate to get rid off the car and I was told that they will deduct the above money from the final agreed price and the car will be delivered to me the following morning (on Friday).

I live in London and I had no place to keep the car, and with short notice I decided to go for the full price and not buy the car back of them.

I just found out that my car is already been delivered to HBC Salvage so if anyone interested on alteeza parts here is the link:

http://www.hbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/zyview/D=vehi...dding/R=2243611

Sad to see it in this state :sick:

Still looking for Tezza :)

grats on getting the propper ammount . i was about to say ur mad for not buying the car back but then i saw the front end damage ... jesus for 50mph u hit them tree's with some force .

did u head actually hit the air bags ?

grats on getting the propper ammount . i was about to say ur mad for not buying the car back but then i saw the front end damage ... jesus for 50mph u hit them tree's with some force .

did u head actually hit the air bags ?

Thanks elexes, the airbag didnt deploy at all, since it was side impact mainly to the back section

http://www.racershaven.com/forum/showthrea...3890#post263890

would exit the garage at about 12500 euros ...

it was crashed tho but dosnt look in bad shape

saw it and thought of you

I looked at it nice car but not my type of colour. planning to import one with specs I want. I am in talks with Miguel Neweraimports.com to finalise everything. :)