Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Bumper Washer Holes

Was planning to cut the washer holes out of the TTE bumper I've just got before getting it sprayed, and although I've always read on here that the place to cut is marked on the back, they seem quite faint so thought I'd better check before I cut big holes in the bumper :unsure:

Basically the pic below shows a very faint rectangle, which appears on the back of the bumper on both sides, in roughly the area where the washers would go - is that the correct marking I need to cut out?

174929946.jpg

Cheers for that, knew it'd be something like a hacksaw without the bit over the top......

What's the hole saw for if just cutting out the rectangle? :blink:

It gives you a place to start to shove the pad saw through :) i'd say make 4 nice holes in the corner of the rectangle, and use the pad saw to connect through :)

Pad saw might be a bit too big and harsh for cutting.

I'd say drill the holes in the corners as Niraj suggested using a small drill bit (but big enough for the junior hacksaw blade) and then cut using a junior hacksaw blade. Not the junior hacksaw just the blade. Then file down and voila :winky:

the pad saw pictured will be too harsh, so yeh either use the blade from the junior hacksaw, or buy a padsaw with a selection of blades, from course to fine :)

try make sure the blade isn't too fine, or you'll find you'll have a blunt blade instead, lol.

yep that is the place to cut the bumper

Thanks, what's the best tool to use to cut it out?

I would have thought one of those Dremel things with a light touch. Would go through it like butter.