Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Mods Would You Make To The New Is Model?

I've got a black is220 on 17" and after 3/4 months I think I'd like mine to be lowered somewhat as the car sits quite high. Also 18 or 19" wheels with black alloys (my friend said black would be slightly chavish) would help to finish the look. I don't to change the car's looks wholesale but would like a few subtle changes to be made.

I've done some research and so far I haven't seen any parts catering for the new IS.

Anyone else thought about modding their car a touch?

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=286132

I've got a black is220 on 17" and after 3/4 months I think I'd like mine to be lowered somewhat as the car sits quite high. Also 18 or 19" wheels with black alloys (my friend said black would be slightly chavish) would help to finish the look. I don't to change the car's looks wholesale but would like a few subtle changes to be made.

I've done some research and so far I haven't seen any parts catering for the new IS.

Anyone else thought about modding their car a touch?

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=286132

Had this one as my avatar for a while.....

and also like the looks of this one

That red one is amazing, even I'd buy a new IS if they came out the dealers looking like that!

Mines almost as shiny

I dunno - I just think it loses it's sophistication. Red alloys on a red car.... :sick:

The Blue one looks really cool - possibly 20" wheels?

I'm one of those people that likes a car to stay as close to "normal" as possible...they can just look garish if you get it wrong!

PS - where I live I'd need a detour of 4 miles to make a 2 mile journey - such are the speed humps!!

That sounds great - my German is not up to much though.

Brian :)

Babelfish is your friend :D Can't say how good as I've posted without reading it through first :duh:

Which anpackt Lexus Werkstuner TTE, mass production quality has, is however often around lengths sportier than the series. Now the Cologners sharpen the claws of the new Lexus IS 220d. With its dynamics and quiet running he places many Benziner into the shade, but goes there still more: TTE tied a Tuning package for the Lexus - for more performance and an optically more exciting appearance. Whom lively, 2.2 litres large series Diesels with 177 HP not enough power supplies with, for TTE offers an increase in output on 220 HP, which are to be had 2006 for presumably 1149 euro starting from late summer. The torque is to lie after the interference with strong 470 Newtonmeters instead of the standard 400 Nm. With it the turbo-Diesel reacts almost bitingly to the instructions of the accelerotor pedal. Km/h the Lexus IS 200d with the TTE kit settles the prestige print of 0 to 100 in 7.5 seconds - without the smallest Russwoelkchen at the tail. In order to become also optically fair the new dynamics, TTE blocks new 19-Zoll-Alus in Lexus "L the Design". Those send rims are immediately alternatively in silver or chrome Shadow available. A sport tyre of the dimension 225/35 and 245/35 provides for the good contact to the road. For the dynamic Kurvenhatz with the IS 200d is recommended besides the feather/spring set of the TTE troop. The series version of the Lexus IS lowers itself thereby by 30 millimeters towards bitumen. With since short available sport LINE are still ten millimeters more in it. The Lexus with the sport chassis follows guidance instructions still more directly - with at the same time clearly reduced ****bewegungen. Result: Drivers, who attach importance on quality, comfort and sportyness, are in the best way served with the IS optimized by TTE. Even if it may sound still unusual for German ears, the small Lexus represents a genuine alternative to the Alpina D3. There that carries two litres out large diesel set 200 HP and 410 Nm. With the technical data the Lexus has already times the pretty nose in front

I love the translation

The car also has AI:

The series version of the Lexus IS lowers itself thereby by 30 millimeters towards bitumen.

WOW

PS sounds like a cracking Mod...one that can whip the D3...that really is something (well done TTE)

I just have to wait for the warranty to expire and save up some dosh...

After now reading it through there are some gems in there -The new 'pimp my ride' is going to be 'make optically fair my ride' :D

I did have a 'moment' this morning though on a long third gear left hander that had the back slipping out, not a nice experience even with the traction control on so might not be a good idea.

Then again, for €1100, it'd be rude not to really :winky:

NewIS_marlex_02_klein.jpg

This was mocked up sometime ago on another forum. I just think the car needs a sportier look.

Not a fan of the chrome but the wheel size and the strong grille and skirt look good

Not to sure about the front, a bit too open for my liking but the sides, Oh i love those sills. :D

Maybe would be nicer with just the hint of a power bulge in the bonnet, not as pronounced as the old IS.

Infinity.........

We saw the TTE test car at the factory in Germany. They were very excited about what they do so far. I'm sure they could do a lot more if Japan would let them access the full ECU.

Definatly change the door mirrors, wonder if the old ones will fit.