Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All

Just fitted a K&N air filter to the car and very pleased with the results.

The car feels more spirited and now hits speed at slightly lower revs so I guess is working more efficiently.

I don't drive the car hard and am still enjoying high mpg.

I have found when first fitted the tick over at standstill was down to 250revs and on one occassion conked out, is this due to a self learning ecu as it's ticking over at slightly higher revs now after a few days settling down?

Thanks

Murph

Hi All

The car feels more spirited and now hits speed at slightly lower revs so I guess is working more efficiently.

I have found when first fitted the tick over at standstill was down to 250revs and on one occassion conked out, is this due to a self learning ecu as it's ticking over at slightly higher revs now after a few days settling down?

Thanks

Murph

Interested to hear if your tickover has settled down properly to the normal 850rpm ish?

Also is you K&N a pannel filter inside the stock airbox or a replacement sock/cone type?

I like the idea od a replacement pannel, had K&N pannel filters on other cars and thought they were very good, but I don't like the noise from cone filters... bit boyracer for me :winky:

Hi All

Thanks

Murph

Interested to hear if your tickover has settled down properly to the normal 850rpm ish?

Also is you K&N a pannel filter inside the stock airbox or a replacement sock/cone type?

I like the idea od a replacement pannel, had K&N pannel filters on other cars and thought they were very good, but I don't like the noise from cone filters... bit boyracer for me :winky:

Hello Alex

Tickover has settled down but at around 5-600rpm

The K&N is a straight replacement for what is in the car however I was surprised to see that it is not flat but a broad cone shape. No extra noise has been experianced and I am very pleased with the results.

All the best

Murph

Great,

Checked my tickover and it too is 500-650 rpm.

Where did you get it from and how much?

I'm planning an engine oil / power steer fluid / trany fluid flush this weekend, good time to put a new air filter I think too. :D

Great,

Checked my tickover and it too is 500-650 rpm.

Where did you get it from and how much?

I'm planning an engine oil / power steer fluid / trany fluid flush this weekend, good time to put a new air filter I think too. :D

Alex I bought it from e-bay for about £50

All the best

Murph

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas im working on a 93 ls400 at the mo and i fitted a kandN ther other week. it cost me 57 pound from larkspeed in leeds. not sure on the performance as the car isnt ready yet , but great to hear what others have done

!!!!

mat

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links