Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cheap Petrol At Sainsbo's

Mr Morse

I have to agree i'd never put supermarket petrol in mine either i filled up at morrisons once and you do notice the difference, I always use BP or Shell even if they are slightly more expensive. Very usefull website though atleast I can use it for our Renault Clio 1.2 as performance isn't an issue in that. :)

To be honest since I had the supercharger removed I've loved the fact that I can just chuck any old crap into my IS and won't have to worry about it!

I've used allsorts, Tesco's, Sainsbury's, Esso, Shell, BP, Morissons and in complete honesty I've never noticed a difference. The car always runs the same on 95 fuel. When I had the charger you could tell the difference straight away between standard petrol and Optimax, now with the standard car honestly can't really tell a difference, and I'm driving the car harder than I ever drove it with the charger fitted, I've just got used to the limits of the standard IS now after a few years!

as has been said in the past the higher octain stuff should give you a higher MPG, but I do know I used Optimax in the car for nearly 12 months constantly and I managed to empty a tank in 200 miles! Really not sure if you're seeing a placebo effect with the different petrol types, although Jason (JoberJaber) did some calculations once and I'm sure Optimax came out on top in terms of MPG etc...

Tesco is a supermarket and they've got the 99 RON stuff. Which is the only stuff I use :winky:

Me too, and they are now billing it as "The Official Fuel of the British Rally Championship".

Tesco is a supermarket and they've got the 99 RON stuff. Which is the only stuff I use :winky:

:crybaby: Highest we get up here is 97RON.

I can certainly tell the difference between 97 and 100, roll on Germany :D

As Aido said, I can empty a tank in around 220-240 miles.

here the prices do go up and down according to the market price but even still the prices have been creeping up, for 98RON ( 98% of places have 95 and 98 as standard) it is 76p/L I had a look in germany a few weeks ago at the optimax price and it was about €1.50/L

here the prices do go up and down according to the market price but even still the prices have been creeping up, for 98RON ( 98% of places have 95 and 98 as standard) it is 76p/L I had a look in germany a few weeks ago at the optimax price and it was about €1.50/L

I'm back in Houston and Hurtz (sic) have given me a Ford 500. I'm not going to remark on the car as I notice there's a Ford 500 owners club..someone has to love it I suppose. :blink:

Anyway, 3 litre V6 pulling the big saloon around so fuel consumption not good, but who cares at £1.57 a gallon? :D

Think we'll keep the tap closed on Prudhoe Bay, that'll drive the price up to a more realistic level over here :winky:

So that makes it OK then at 25% of the price we pay??? Surveys say that peeps here are restricting their mileage and changing their driving habits, but I can't say I've noticed any change in Texas!