Sign in to follow this  
DINO

Noise Not Belts But Sounds Like Belts

Hi everyone,

I have a really bugging noise with my car, it sounds like the alternator belt being loose but quieter. When I press the clutch down it goes away. I had the complete clutch replaced 18 months ago and have done 25K on it since the replacement. Is this noise the release bearing, or is it the flywheel. When the cars idle I cannot hear the bearing, just this whinning noise. I then press the clutch and release, the noise is then gone and comes back again after reving. Any ideas what it could be, your help would be much appreciated.

Rgds

Dino :angry:

Hi everyone,

I have a really bugging noise with my car, it sounds like the alternator belt being loose but quieter. When I press the clutch down it goes away. I had the complete clutch replaced 18 months ago and have done 25K on it since the replacement. Is this noise the release bearing, or is it the flywheel. When the cars idle I cannot hear the bearing, just this whinning noise. I then press the clutch and release, the noise is then gone and comes back again after reving. Any ideas what it could be, your help would be much appreciated.

Rgds

Dino :angry:

Hi can anyone help me with this?

release bearing / pressure plate... i have the same sound on mine, just learning to get used to it, till it needs a new clutch.

release bearing / pressure plate... i have the same sound on mine, just learning to get used to it, till it needs a new clutch.

Ditto

Hey,

Are you from Kenton, supprised I have not seen you, I live in Stanmore and am always passing through kenton.