Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Uk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how could the member number of javadude be 1275 and Monster-Mat 1290 when Monster-Mat joined this forum before javadude

That was the year they both joined.............B.C. of course :D

That was the year they both joined.............B.C. of course :D

You seem to have joined this forum more than a year before me, isn't it weird if my "member number" ranges 7620 while yours is 11813 :D

• 2 weeks later...
Do LGB read the forum - Yes they do is the answer- I'm sure of it - apparently they set it up I was told. If you look at the Mazda forum and one of the Honda ones, the style, navigation etc is similar so some company somewhere must be funded by manufacturers to create these.

Do they ever answer - well hopefully by stealth!! This is such a good avenue for getting info, straight from the punters.

I wouldn't be without the forum. Even if Lex don't listen, other very very helpful people on here do, and you can get ideas on best approach for any given issue. Marvellous!!

I know that my dealer did look at my thread's in the past, and I too believe that the likes of "Mr Mole" are probably still keeping a watchful eye on us...

I sent the URL to Lexus who read my posts too.

The point is that you can use the forum as a venting vehicle ala "Pressure groups" or for sharing info. This one in particular is used for both and better for it!!

:) Hi,

I can see that you are driving an IS220d MMP. I wil be taking delivery of a similar one very soon (new velvet black colour) and I was wondering if you could tell me of your impressions so far. Before I decided to go for the IS I checked and test drove most of the opposition (BMW 320d, Audi and Merc) but obviously none of them raised to the new challenge set by IS. I have read some articles critisizing the IS on "drive feel" and maybe they are somehow right when compared to the BMW, but as an overall if you try to spec any of the others up to the SE MMP level you may have to have very deep pockets indeed. I am more than positive that I made the right decision, but if you think otherwise please advise me. Best Regards. :)

(new velvet black colour)

Is there a new colour ? Is it like the 70's flock ?

:winky: Yes, and it is a metalic as you probably guessed. It's somewhere in between a dark grey and black, let's say a bit darker than the cadoxtone slate. :winky: It realy goes nicely with any light colour leather. :D

As someone who has conducted a number of strategy projects for car manufactuers, i know for sure that they read these forums and take feedback very seriously. A good example of Lexus listening comes from the my.Is forum in the USA - it is one of the largest boards anywhere. The 2007 IS 350 will have a traction control switch off as the result of feedback. There is also talk of a manual version of the car - again the result of universal feedback. Lexus UK has hopefully listened to people on this forum who have requested a Lexus M3 competitor - rumour has it that it will arrive next year. Whether it does or doesn't I am a Lexus owner because Lexus listens better than any of the established German marques, not throught what it says but through what it does - Lexus cars speak louder than any corporate PR hogwash.

Do LGB read the forum - Yes they do is the answer- I'm sure of it - apparently they set it up I was told. If you look at the Mazda forum and one of the Honda ones, the style, navigation etc is similar so some company somewhere must be funded by manufacturers to create these.

Do they ever answer - well hopefully by stealth!! This is such a good avenue for getting info, straight from the punters.

I wouldn't be without the forum. Even if Lex don't listen, other very very helpful people on here do, and you can get ideas on best approach for any given issue. Marvellous!!

I know that my dealer did look at my thread's in the past, and I too believe that the likes of "Mr Mole" are probably still keeping a watchful eye on us...

I sent the URL to Lexus who read my posts too.

The point is that you can use the forum as a venting vehicle ala "Pressure groups" or for sharing info. This one in particular is used for both and better for it!!

:) Hi,

I can see that you are driving an IS220d MMP. I wil be taking delivery of a similar one very soon (new velvet black colour) and I was wondering if you could tell me of your impressions so far. Before I decided to go for the IS I checked and test drove most of the opposition (BMW 320d, Audi and Merc) but obviously none of them raised to the new challenge set by IS. I have read some articles critisizing the IS on "drive feel" and maybe they are somehow right when compared to the BMW, but as an overall if you try to spec any of the others up to the SE MMP level you may have to have very deep pockets indeed. I am more than positive that I made the right decision, but if you think otherwise please advise me. Best Regards. :)

See my latest post on the touring holiday. I think you will have made the right choice, but only you will ultimately know it. If you've done the homework and tested everything else (like I did), and you've bought the IS, then be satisfied that all is OK.

There are a couple of things towatch - the gearing on the SE diesel takes some getting used to. Yours should be rattle free, hopefully!! But the area to watchout for is around the centre dash and B posts (seat belt area). Other than that, it's a great car, and wait till you show it to your mates...you'll know you made the right choice!!

You're absolutely right -

it might not be as big inside as a beemer, or drive as well on the limit, it might not quite have cast iron quality of the fittigs as an Audi, or the snobbery or heritage of the Merc, but overall, value for money etc the IS is head and shoulders above all of them, and once you have one it's easy to ferget it...just keep reminding yourself...each time you take to the wheel.

NO they do not listen. Well they don't hear anyway.......

I have written 3 letters now to Lexus GB, and the last one took 3 weeks to the day to solicit a response, which was to say the least pathetic in content. I for one am a very unhappy bunny with Lexus.

The car is finally beginning to please me, although still several stupid niggles with it....most well documented here over the last few months - but the overall apathy and poor sense of urgency following after sales is merely typical of most customer service /retail organisations. They dont give a stuff.

They have my hard earned money, and now they dont care less what I think.

That is just my experience of course, and sure they win JD power surveys etc, everyone has different standards and expectations, but me - I AINT HAPPY.

I shall probably stop any further postings on this site, as I fear my comments are all likely to be negative in future, and I dont want to spoil the experience for others....bye...... :angry:

I have written 3 letters now to Lexus GB, and the last one took 3 weeks to the day to solicit a response, which was to say the least pathetic in content. I for one am a very unhappy bunny with Lexus.

The car is finally beginning to please me, although still several stupid niggles with it....most well documented here over the last few months - but the overall apathy and poor sense of urgency following after sales is merely typical of most customer service /retail organisations. They dont give a stuff.

That is just my experience of course, and sure they win JD power surveys etc, everyone has different standards and expectations, but me - I AINT HAPPY.

I shall probably stop any further postings on this site, as I fear my comments are all likely to be negative in future, and I dont want to spoil the experience for others....bye...... :angry:

I've no idea what you are doing wrong or what tone you are applying to your letters, but when I had need to contact Lexus Customer Care via email they came back to me within 48 hours and couldn't have been more helpful.

Chin up buddy - it's only a car. Even the BMW adverts say it...even they're conceding that their products are merely cars, nothing special...there are far more important things in life, such as health!!

I went through a torrid time too, then I realised that the sleepless nights were not worth it. Whilst I am now finally very happy with the product, at change time all of these factors will play a part in me deciding what I do...but that ain't gonna be for several years now...

Thanks matey....I know your right - but I just feel "conned" - their after sales service is just as good / bad as all the blomin rest, and they have lost my vote. I really hoped that this would be my last expensive car purchase, and it would last me until my driving days are over....but somehow , I doubt it now. I feel the germans are a comin....again !

Thanks matey....I know your right - but I just feel "conned" - their after sales service is just as good / bad as all the blomin rest, and they have lost my vote. I really hoped that this would be my last expensive car purchase, and it would last me until my driving days are over....but somehow , I doubt it now. I feel the germans are a comin....again !

Until then, enjoy your very unique car:

:excl: St Lucia Pearl - not many around in the UK - looks gorgeous!!

:excl: New IS - Lexus won't sell too many of them, they're limiting UK supply hence delays in people ordering factory new. All of this means rarity...and the car will always stand out. I reckon, just like the G1 IS, this car's shape will become a classic "never ageing" shape

:excl: VFM - Best Value for Money car in this league around - just look at the gear you get!! The only thing missing is massage function...but then hey that's what the spouse is for :lol:

:excl: Best sound system - Pulling Power voted this better than the £00,000's worth of RR Phantom, Porsche Cayenne etc

:excl: Alleged legendary reliability (please don't torch me :duh: )

Need I go on...?

My next motor will be the Audi RS4 (won't be able to get a new one, but will look for 2-3 year old one in 5 years from now, last of current shape) unless the IS500 comes out and is any good....

Have you layered your Supagard with a soft non abrasive wax? Go on, give it some TLC...will make you feel better once you've cuddled and caressed it!!

Just had a letter from Lexus Wolverhampton offering 20% off next service, free MOT if it were due and 20% off any labour outside service for the next 12 monts. Shame they left grubby paw prints on the trim ( the biege stuff on "B" pillars ) when they did the seat-belt recall. I can't be ar5ed to call them, take it back in and arrange a courtesy car for two days to get them to sort it.

Are you listening Lexus Wolverhampton?

The Aftersales Service @ Coventry & Nottingham IS exemplorary & Leicester is said to be very good too.

I live v.close to JNC.26/M1 but will drive miles to ensure any imperfection is resolved.Do the same & you can then drive your car knowing it replicates the Brochure Promise.Aftersales Quality does seem to vary but ,if I can find 3 within a 60mile radius of my home, surely you can too .

Lexus are the Best but you need class Aftersales to ensure Beyond Expectation is fully met.

Tel :driving:

The Aftersales Service @ Coventry & Nottingham IS exemplorary & Leicester is said to be very good too.

I live v.close to JNC.26/M1 but will drive miles to ensure any imperfection is resolved.Do the same & you can then drive your car knowing it replicates the Brochure Promise.Aftersales Quality does seem to vary but ,if I can find 3 within a 60mile radius of my home, surely you can too .

Lexus are the Best but you need class Aftersales to ensure Beyond Expectation is fully met.

y\es Notts is great sales are ist class as well Kep it up Steve!

alan

exemplorary is in the eye of the beholder :(

Don't agree with Nottingham at all.

I have posted previously on this but my experience wasn't a good one :( Briefly, went and viewed an IS250 demo there. Agree to but subject to damage to wheels and paint chips was sorted. Went to collect the following week - chips were still there ( loads of them ), whells had been replaced with "new ones" but two were damaged and noticed a large scratch across the bonnet. The didn't get my custom.

My Aftersales definition refers to Warranty/Maintenance only: I have purchased all my cars from Coventry.

That is interesting I have found sales very helpful I had really poor sales from my local dealer in Woodford ..never return calls etc The issues with the wheels seem like a service problem On the other hand woodford lexus have very a first class service dept

alan

Hi Jamboo...you have persuaded me to post again :D

As I say, the car is lovely....and growing on me daily. Yes I have creamed her with soft maguirs gold, and while we are on the subject, indeed the wife does a fine massage :winky: :excl:

As seems obvious from latest posts on this thread, "service" varies both from dealer to dealer , and of course, in the mind of the customer.

Having 30 years experience in a customer service driven Industry, with a turnover of billions, and millions of customers a day, I can only recall and compare the action / re-action that I or my senior management have invoked during situations of customer complaints, to that of the complacent attitude experienced from Lexus. Despite the fact that the highest retail price point of any single item of stock from our stores was approximately £6, and the average was £1.56, complaints that found their way as far as head office, addressed to operations manager, or MD etc were treated with the utmost concern, and often involved lengthy and thorough investigation into line management's involvment.

In some cases, area management made personal visits to customer's homes, often during unsociable hours, with bouqets of flowers and the like - our mission statement - although containing some inevitable corporate bull****, was clear and genuine when referring to the customer being King. NOTHING was more important than earning AND retaining customer loyalty.

I am not a professional complainer, just someone who expects the same sort of treatment that I was trained to deliver in a people business. To wait 3 weeks for a pathetic, robotic style letter from lexus GB in response to some genuine and important matters of concern is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Unreturned phone messages, lying and general evasion of the issue by corporate staff, compounds the experience, and Lexus had better wake up after its glittering corporate parties, and realise that it makes mistakes and ultimately these will cost it dearly...... A La Mercedes Benz.

As I say, the car is lovely....and growing on me daily. Yes I have creamed her with soft maguirs gold, and while we are on the subject, indeed the wife does a fine massage :winky: :excl:

As seems obvious from latest posts on this thread, "service" varies both from dealer to dealer , and of course, in the mind of the customer.

Having 30 years experience in a customer service driven Industry, with a turnover of billions, and millions of customers a day, I can only recall and compare the action / re-action that I or my senior management have invoked during situations of customer complaints, to that of the complacent attitude experienced from Lexus. Despite the fact that the highest retail price point of any single item of stock from our stores was approximately £6, and the average was £1.56, complaints that found their way as far as head office, addressed to operations manager, or MD etc were treated with the utmost concern, and often involved lengthy and thorough investigation into line management's involvment.

In some cases, area management made personal visits to customer's homes, often during unsociable hours, with bouqets of flowers and the like - our mission statement - although containing some inevitable corporate bull****, was clear and genuine when referring to the customer being King. NOTHING was more important than earning AND retaining customer loyalty.

I am not a professional complainer, just someone who expects the same sort of treatment that I was trained to deliver in a people business. To wait 3 weeks for a pathetic, robotic style letter from lexus GB in response to some genuine and important matters of concern is NOT ACCEPTABLE. Unreturned phone messages, lying and general evasion of the issue by corporate staff, compounds the experience, and Lexus had better wake up after its glittering corporate parties, and realise that it makes mistakes and ultimately these will cost it dearly...... A La Mercedes Benz.

Lexus GB ( gill want ) got back to me in two days Followed the repairs all the wqay through and offered some compensation for the hassle i am happy with that Have had much worse form Mercedes

alan

Lexus GB ( gill want ) got back to me in two days Followed the repairs all the wqay through and offered some compensation for the hassle i am happy with that Have had much worse form Mercedes

alan

Then you have obviously charmed her far better than me :blush: 3 weeks to respond, bland content, and unreturned call to her secretary 4 days ago who claimed "Gill was in a meeting"

Letter 5 days ago to Steve Settle still unanswered....Pooh !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links