Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Uk

I am a relative newcomer to this site.

Lots of the forum posts regularly refer to Lexus UK

And the question "are they listening”? Seems to come out, fairly often.

Well, my simple question is, ARE THEY?.

Is there anyone regularly posting answers or answering queries from Lexus.

If they are, how do we know, We all spend a great deal of personal time reading and posting in blind faith. Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think I have ever seen one post or answer from Lexus UK.

Please prove me wrong and answer this.

Infinity............

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest from what I've heard from speaking to the admins & mods in the past is that yes someone from Lexus GB does read these forums, not sure how regular of course!

You get people who work in the dealers on here, Chris Shipley has always done a lot here, he works for Lexus, and Ian, the dealer principal of Lexus Edinburgh uses the site as well.

There are also a couple of people on here who I've had thoughts may be working for Lexus as they know too much sometimes, but you never know ;)

As for acting upon stuff, to be honest from a lot of people's experiences I've seen on here then Lexus primarily only act on stuff if you complain to a high level.....

you expect someone from Lexus answering on forums? interesting.

No and yes

No I dont expect someone to sit and read every post, but yes it would be interesting to find just how much they do read.

And rather than be reactive to just repetitive complaints, but be more proactive in this space.

Dealers surely must listen in at times but is big brother.

Do LGB read the forum - Yes they do is the answer- I'm sure of it - apparently they set it up I was told. If you look at the Mazda forum and one of the Honda ones, the style, navigation etc is similar so some company somewhere must be funded by manufacturers to create these.

Do they ever answer - well hopefully by stealth!! This is such a good avenue for getting info, straight from the punters.

I wouldn't be without the forum. Even if Lex don't listen, other very very helpful people on here do, and you can get ideas on best approach for any given issue. Marvellous!!

I know that my dealer did look at my thread's in the past, and I too believe that the likes of "Mr Mole" are probably still keeping a watchful eye on us...

I sent the URL to Lexus who read my posts too.

The point is that you can use the forum as a venting vehicle ala "Pressure groups" or for sharing info. This one in particular is used for both and better for it!!

Actually don't know who told you that LGB created these forums but that's a definite no no :o

It was originally a Yahoo mailing list I think, not sure of the exact origin but it was created by either Mat Clawley or Steve Barnes, it used to be called Team Lexus when they first started it, and then it moved to being the LOC that you all now know and love!

The reason the sites look the same is one of two reasons.

1) Steve Barnes who's the admin here has a lot of car owners sites, hence them looking similar.

2) Most forums run either VBulletin or Invision forum software - the majority of the time default skins are used and even when changed, a lot of the time buttons are still in the same place and do the same thing, hence why it looks like the same people created it. They didn't, it's just that odds are the sites are both running the same forum software. Personally I prefer the VBulletin based forums.

What I'm trying to say is that yeah use the forum as a pressure group, just don't expect that LGB have any visibility of your post. If you want to report something that goes straight to them, report it either to customer relations directly via phone, or email one of the higher ranking individuals :)

I am a relative newcomer to this site.

Lots of the forum posts regularly refer to Lexus UK

And the question "are they listening”? Seems to come out, fairly often.

Well, my simple question is, ARE THEY?.

Is there anyone regularly posting answers or answering queries from Lexus.

If they are, how do we know, We all spend a great deal of personal time reading and posting in blind faith. Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think I have ever seen one post or answer from Lexus UK.

Please prove me wrong and answer this.

Infinity............

I don't know about Lexus but I know that Audi read theirs. I know of two people who had their cars booked in for warranty work only to have the claim rejected because they had boasted of tracking their cars on the website.

Can't see them bothering with the forum. I sent a request for information email to Cardiff Lexus yesterday, I know it's only 24hrs but a simple reply to say they are going to respond to it within x amount of days would be good.

I guess that because it wasn't for the possible availability and sale of a 30K car, then it gets put to the bottom of the pile........ will wait to see!

Actually don't know who told you that LGB created these forums but that's a definite no no :o

It was originally a Yahoo mailing list I think, not sure of the exact origin but it was created by either Mat Clawley or Steve Barnes, it used to be called Team Lexus when they first started it, and then it moved to being the LOC that you all now know and love!

Well now I know.... :D

It was someone at my dealership who told me Lexus set it up :huh::crying:

:whistling:

If Lexus as a manufacturer (not just individual dealers) read AND RESPONDED to this forum, the forums would be over-run with questions, complaints, digging for info etc. It would ruin the forums. May be nice for individual dealers to show their presence but not to become active forums members.

The track day example given above is a very clear reason why independance is needed. Also if Lexus and all dealer were on here, it may stifle honest opinion.

My previous car had a lot of dealers using the forums, which was generally positive, but was in the sense that salesfolk used the forums as enthusiasts, modified their cars through them, bought and sold parts (their own) and attended meets and track days. I can't see many Lexus sales people doing the same.

Brian :)

What I'm trying to say is that yeah use the forum as a pressure group, just don't expect that LGB have any visibility of your post. If you want to report something that goes straight to them, report it either to customer relations directly via phone, or email one of the higher ranking individuals :)

I apprciate all of the comments so far but no one has actually answered my question.

The fact that we would like to think that this space can be used as a lobby or pressure group, a vent for anger at poor service or somewhere to reign praise on dealers or services is the point. If no one is listening there is no point. Thank you to the dealers on here that do listen, more please.

I for one would like to think i am thanking someone for great service or emptying my spleen only to see it be absorbed and commented on by other forum members with out any eyebrows raised at a higher level.

I don't want this post to sound like a rant,

or labour the issue but, has anything raised on this site, as priase or derision, without direct contact with Lexus UK ever had any response or action from them

Infinity..........

If Lexus as a manufacturer (not just individual dealers) read AND RESPONDED to this forum, the forums would be over-run with questions, complaints, digging for info etc. It would ruin the forums. May be nice for individual dealers to show their presence but not to become active forums members.

The track day example given above is a very clear reason why independance is needed. Also if Lexus and all dealer were on here, it may stifle honest opinion.

My previous car had a lot of dealers using the forums, which was generally positive, but was in the sense that salesfolk used the forums as enthusiasts, modified their cars through them, bought and sold parts (their own) and attended meets and track days. I can't see many Lexus sales people doing the same.

yeah, i agree. Aditionally - Lexus relies on their dealers to send problem reports and warranty issues. That way they get complete info on what exactly is wrong, as supposed to forum post which really means nothing if they dont have an vehicle in their hands.

Thats why I always say that with whatever issue you have, you gotta go to the dealer right away.

And I reccomend that to my own customers as well - we tell them to come right away with any issue they have since longer they put it off, more annoyed they will be...

yeah, i agree. Aditionally - Lexus relies on their dealers to send problem reports and warranty issues. That way they get complete info on what exactly is wrong, as supposed to forum post which really means nothing if they dont have an vehicle in their hands.

Thats why I always say that with whatever issue you have, you gotta go to the dealer right away.

And I reccomend that to my own customers as well - we tell them to come right away with any issue they have since longer they put it off, more annoyed they will be...

Interestingly, when the first reports came out about rattles etc, names of Lexus dealer techies were on the forum (and still are in the appropriate threads).

I asked my dealer to check out the "product information" which should have been in the system and there was nothing. That shows that either the forum notes were incorrect, or Lexus dealerships were not using their sytem properly...

At the end of the day, there is a risk that this forum can convey half the story, and as spwolfx says, Lexus will only react to what they believe to be a complete story (i.e. from the dealers)...Lexus are only answerable to the dealer - you and they have a contract with them. Remember we have no contract with LGB at all!!

So in answer to infinty's question, I too can't see Lexus GB ever reacting to what we put on here. We can vent spleen, burst our guts, get a hearnia or suffer high BP and die...

I'm sure they read it, but openly react to it? Nope! I agree with Brian - the forum would fall apart.

They won't bow to this form of pressure (or at least seen to be) and I can actually now see why!! I wouldn't - I'd let the dealers try and defend themselves...!

I don't want this post to sound like a rant,

or labour the issue but, has anything raised on this site, as priase or derision, without direct contact with Lexus UK ever had any response or action from them

Infinity..........

Probably not and even if they had we would never know if they ever acted on something they read on here. What would be the point of operating a dealer network and Customer Care Centre if someone from Lexus was going to circumvent the whole process and act ad hoc based on scribblings on these forums. A dealer may be in the middle of resolving our complaint only for someone from Head Office to stick an oar in without knowing the full story.

Complaints should always be first made to the dealer and if there is no satisfaction there, to Customer Services. That way the matter can be logged and tracked through to satisfaction hopefully.

The service depts at the dealers do look at the forum When I had all the original rattle problems Lexus woddford told me that they were reading to forum to see how common the same problems were and if other dealers had solutions to the rattles So its more hit and miss and I expect they only look at issues like warranty problems esp with the new models where they little info from lexus gb to go on

alan

yeah, i dont doubt both lexus and a lot of lexus dealers often go through forums... hey, i am here, right (even if not from UK)? ;-).

also, dealers cant see what other dealers send to lexus as reports, until Lexus writes an TSB. They can call up though and ask techs there if they know of any similar issues reported...

Yes LEXUS GB read the forums

mat started it on yahoo groups when it was called team lexus, there are now only a few of the "original members" left tho

ah, those were the days :)

Edited by Monster-Mat

Yes LEXUS GB read the forums

mat started it on yahoo groups when it was called team lexus, there are now only a few of the "original members" left tho

ah, those were the days :)

I suppose if anyone knows the truth it would be you Mat.

Its nice to know the experiences of car owners dont go unnoticed.

Thanks to all who posted replies

Infinity............ :)

Not only Lexus GB read the forums, the Lexus Team and dealers around the world also read this forum but very few of them reacted, sometime you can tell by their post descritption.

I drive an MG and on my forums we used to wonder the same question - do MG Rover staff read or post on the forums? Well when the manufacturer went out of business last summer this question was answered because a couple of forum members "came out" as being employees of the company.

I think you'll find that even if Lexus UK people do post on here they won't be able to identify themselves otherwise people would start to think the forum was no longer impartial. Plus they'd get bombarded with questions and hassle!