Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Post Seatbelt Recall Rattles

Anyone else had the front sealtbelt recall completed only to discover new rattles in both B pillar's? I didn't notice at first due to enthusiastic stereo appreciation, but when the volume is low, it sounds like many loose parts are bouncing around where the seat belt height adjustment function is. :blink: Anyone else have this problem?

Hi tubster.

Yep. get the same problem over bumpy roads.

Have only had the car back a couple of weeks and been away on trip. It is due for it's first service in a couple of weeks so will get them to look at it again.

two areas can cause the b pillar ratlle Its due to the fitting of the door latch or the grab handles can r attle as well Hold them down if continues its a trim off job and padding out the screws..I had mine done and its about 95 % gone

alan

Anyone else had the front sealtbelt recall completed only to discover new rattles in both B pillar's? I didn't notice at first due to enthusiastic stereo appreciation, but when the volume is low, it sounds like many loose parts are bouncing around where the seat belt height adjustment function is. :blink: Anyone else have this problem?

Oh yes. Car will be going back in, but there's one question.

Do I take it back to the dealer who couldn't do the recall properly.....or do I take it somewhere 50 miles away ?

Thanks for the info folks. Seems like another small noggling issue I will need to put up with... I love the car but am getting a litle frustrated at these issues occuring on a $65,000 car! :crybaby: It's first serice is due tomorrow, so I'll bring it to the dealers attention and report the results.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Aug 8 2006, 05:16 PM)

Oh yes. Car will be going back in, but there's one question.

Do I take it back to the dealer who couldn't do the recall properly.....or do I take it somewhere 50 miles away ?

There's no point in going back to the same incapable dealer, should try out a different dealer even if it's far away.

With only one dealer, going elsewhere is not an option. The rattles were not fixed during the recent service but I was told to return at a time convenient to me and they would investigate further. Time is precious, so I just turn the radio up! :P