Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My V Reg Is200 Vs M Reg Rover 620

GWilso

Sitting at traffic lights this morning dual carrige way and after traffic lights road merges to single lane side by side with the rover 620 i thinks ill just nip in front of him and be off. But the BxxxxxxxD wanted to race so I stuck pedal to the metal was just about to over take and sXXt I redlined it just b4 I could select 2nd and saftey cut in gobsmacked he beat me I know the rover is 2.00ltr aswell but hey I thought my lex would be way quicker than that rust bucket + more toys & BHP

Anyway I should say this is definatley not my normal driving style but i'm afraid to say I let the side down sorry team :tomato:

Time to upgrade to the IS250 me thinks

Time for some more power of the starting line me thinks any affordable easy options out there? lee iceman seems like you have had plentifull experiance

Time for a bit of FI me thinks ;)

I still like doing that, people pull up and think its just a 150BHP IS200, then I pull away and never see them again. Would love to some of there faces :blink:

If you want it quicker off the line then supercharge it, or

if you want it quicker from 3rd gear on then turbo it.

But to be honest both options cost bucks,

I'd say the standard IS isn't the tool to be trying this sort of thing with.

I mean I was nearly beaten by a Saxo when I first had it.

Time for some more power of the starting line me thinks any affordable easy options out there? lee iceman seems like you have had plentifull experiance

If you want the same car with more power, wouldn't bother modifying, just get an IS300...... :winky:

If you want the same car with more power, wouldn't bother modifying, just get an IS300...... :winky:

Just been looking at the IS300 on lexus website and the 0-60 is only about 1 second quicker and top speed 9mph faster than the 200 I was expecting a bit better than that but me thinks just 1second more would have been enough to beat that rover 620 :angry:

I find the same problem sitting at lights and pull away havin a little fun with the car next to me and i almost always lose! The last one was a Puma and since then i don't even attempt it!

Coming from fast Fords to an auto IS200 is very luxurious but the performance sucks!

Can i supercharge an IS200 auto??

What sort of 0-60/off the mark times would you get then, i mean is is a BIG difference for the money spent?

GWilso, do what i do, look over at em like you could beat em but you can't be bothered and cruise away swearing under you breath!

If it's pure straight line speed from factory you want, get a Mk4 LS400. 0-60 in about 6.7 seconds.

It is funny you got smoked by an old Rover worth the same as two front tyres for your car! :lol:

Lucky you weren't racing for logbooks!!!

As standard------ SHEEP IN WOLVES CLOTHES :angry:

I didn't get mine for the performance, I just wanted something other than a 3 series - a mate had an IS for a while, 200 sport, I drove it...... loved it....... bought one :D

It walks the walk in the style department but, as the others have said, to talk the talk costs big bucks.... just chill and enjoy the class :D

GWilso, do what i do, look over at em like you could beat em but you can't be bothered and cruise away swearing under you breath!

I Like it I may have to polish up my left glance and wink ;)

If it's pure straight line speed from factory you want, get a Mk4 LS400. 0-60 in about 6.7 seconds.

I bought the IS200 cos i like the way it looks and found it good value for money when i bought it, yes i would love more power but then i could've got a 330ci sport, but as DeckerUK says now i

just chill and enjoy the class

cos there is no choice, would love an IS300 and would swap in an instant but find them hard to come by at a decent price.

When I first had mine, fully loaded up with the missus and kids after one of those sunday retail park visits :angry: and got wasted by a serious poser in an Astra..driving gloves, the lot ...... nothing fancy. Thought to myself then, I could have gone and bought a 328 bee emm but they are just soooo common :P

Round my way there are loads of lights and roundabouts..... they all pull up and eyeball for challange..... I just let them blitz off and just enjoy the quiet in the cabin..... you know half of them wishes they had the class and style of the IS :P :P

Always know your enemy :) Could have been a 620 turbo.

I sold my 620turbo to get Lexus

That used to make mincemeat out of most things once it stopped wheel spinning!!! :lol:

Don't miss build quality :tsktsk: but sure miss performance!! :) "Proper sleeper" :lol:

But 80mph trip down the motorway in the Lexus and all Rover thoughts are gone :D

Yeah as you guys have said the IS is no sleeper car, and nowadays with a lot of cars being sold with a loit of torque there is a lot out there that can surprise you.

The IS really steps it up on the motorway where you can drive it nicely in the right part of the rev range, even standard it isn't that bad but forget racing from the lights in an IS200, especially in an auto box!

The 300 doesn't look that much more on paper but it has a lot of extra torque and so is much better for performing maneavours like overtaking etc.

Of course nowadays the only thing I'll be racing is petrol lawnmowers :lol:

i had the same thing the other day but as soon has he stopped at the lights he was revving he's engine i think that was i 620 or something like it so i put it power mode and left him its the one good thing about the ls400 its got a good deal of power when its needed but i got done by a ferrari the other day it cut me up on a roundabout so i was flooring it until i had to stop to save fuel :lol:

I've found that the standard IS200 is quicker once you hit 3rd/4th gear. A boy racer in a Golf TDI decided he wanted a race (pulling up next to me reving his engine on a car which mummy and daddy had probably paid for) anyway, he kept up with me in first gear as i hit the red line very quickly i changed into secound which gave me enough to get in front of him but then i changed to third gear and he was left way behind chocking on my exhaust fumes and dust.

Also found the IS200 is very quick around round abouts and pulling out of corners you can get the power down allot :)

The main reason i bought the IS wasn't for speed but because it's such a beautiful car and i didn't want a common as muck Audi or BMW 3 series.

Always know your enemy :) Could have been a 620 turbo.

Its always good to do your homework before making yourself looks silly at the lights and putting yourself and other motorist at risk incase your left out in the cold on the other side of the road and not able to get back in :winky:

I had some clown in a blue Nova (debadged, Jap-style plate in the corner, big exhaust, you know the type) roar past me the other day. Don't know what happened at the last roundabout, whether he had trouble pulling off or what as I cruised out past him. Heard him roaring off up the other road, probably blow his engine within 20K the way he was thrashing it.