Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Argh 250 Auto .. Se Or Se-l?!?!

The should of seriously put HIDS/xenons on the SE!!!! :mad

used se-l or brand new 56 plate se?

both auto 250

there £1500 difference between the new 250 se mm auto and the used 250 auto se-l mm 3500miles

If it was me, definitely the SE-L, couldn't do without the HIDs and the memory seats

both auto 250

there £1500 difference between the new 250 se mm auto and the used 250 auto se-l mm 3500miles

New one all the way for me - you can't beat being the first to drive it off the forecourt. Anyway the extras that the SE-L has over the SE are mere fripperies and you won't miss them! :)

both auto 250

New one all the way for me - you can't beat being the first to drive it off the forecourt. Anyway the extras that the SE-L has over the SE are mere fripperies and you won't miss them! :)

having bought mine from new as an SE I would now prefer a SE-L.

For me the fripperies add to the whole feel. Rear sunshade, illuminated scuff plates, memory seats and reverse mirror, HID the list goes on.

For me the fripperies add to the whole feel. Rear sunshade, illuminated scuff plates, memory seats and reverse mirror, HID the list goes on.

I'm not sure HIDs, memory seats and parking sensors are fripperies, I think that these items are now essentials on a car of this price, same way you wouldn't buy a £6k car without power steering.........

There are a lot of things on the SE-L you could do without though, personally my ideal spec would be a Sport with leather seats and an auto box

I'm not sure HIDs, memory seats and parking sensors are fripperies, I think that these items are now essentials on a car of this price, same way you wouldn't buy a £6k car without power steering.........

There are a lot of things on the SE-L you could do without though, personally my ideal spec would be a Sport with leather seats and an auto box

I was quoting when i wrote fripperies. i think these are on a lsiding scale essentials that help to protect your investment (HID, electric wing mirrors, parking sensors...)

both auto 250

Depends which way the £1,500 goes - if the SE-L is cheaper then go for that as it would be a comparative bargain (could do without the wood though :crying: ). If it's more expensive than the SE then it's not discounted enough in which case I'd go for the new SE.

Obviously assuming the colours are what you'd choose anyway. I looked at used ones on Autotrader today and there were at least 60 within 100 miles of me so choice should not be limited!!!

I was quoting when i wrote fripperies. i think these are on a lsiding scale essentials that help to protect your investment (HID, electric wing mirrors, parking sensors...)

Sorry mate, quoted the wrong one, meant to do the post above yours...... :duh:

Depends which way the £1,500 goes - if the SE-L is cheaper then go for that as it would be a comparative bargain (could do without the wood though :crying: ). If it's more expensive than the SE then it's not discounted enough in which case I'd go for the new SE.

Obviously assuming the colours are what you'd choose anyway. I looked at used ones on Autotrader today and there were at least 60 within 100 miles of me so choice should not be limited!!!

Yep I'd have thought a few month old SE-L would be roughly the same price as a new SE - if the SE-L is more, then it would seem their residuals are doing quite well, if its less, its a no-brainer as to which to buy :)

I'd still go SE with the MM option rather than the SE-L with the fripperies - much better VFM for the xtra £3odd G's.

Anyway, the price of an exdemo is a starting point....haggle away! There won't be any VAT to pay, it's the dealers trying to claw back as much of the VAT they lost as possible...

I know it's nice to have a new car, but at the end of the day it's your dosh, and seeing what mines worth now (4 months old, 3500 on the clock, worth £22k) I think anyone buying a new one is mad...Including me...never again (isn't that what I said last time....)

Just noticed a Black 250 SEL auto MM on Lexus UK of just a shade under £26k, Less than 5k on the clock

Bargin. you dont normally see any much less than £28.5K on there.

Infinity....

Edited

Just found another in Southhampton for £24.5k

Have the SEL

Buy the SE-L. If you don't you'll always have the SE come sale time - be worth less. The MM package will be worth little I'd imagine come resale time in years to come.

The HiD's, Memory Seats, parking sensors, and all the other nice SE-L stuff is what will make the car special.

Buy the SE-L.

I know it keeps costs down by limiting options, but why on earth could they not make a Sport with leather seats and an auto box - to me that would be the perfect spec

I know it keeps costs down by limiting options, but why on earth could they not make a Sport with leather seats and an auto box - to me that would be the perfect spec

I agree...it's what I wanted in the first place. However, I'm nearly there as have changed out the auto pedal set for the drilled alloy version, and have the 18" wheels...think I'll leave the suspension as it is apart from maybe lowering it a tad :unsure: . Should then have what I wanted in the first place except I'll also have the 'fripperies'...the rear window blind and the illuminated scuff plates :D . Quite like both actually, and I get some perverse kind of satisfaction from putting the blind up when being tailgated to stop the offending driver having a view through my car rather than around it from the position he or she should be in. ;)

Don't agree with the comment on the wood...it's not at all overwhelming in the SE-L, just around the gearstick and the door control consoles..quite like it now.

Sports cars and leather never have gone hand in hand - look at Japanese performance cars as a perfect idea - always Alcantara as it grips better in corners. Same with an auto box - a "sport" car is a drivers car so people want to interact with it, not be piloted. I would only ever buy a manual gearbox in a sport car of any kind - even one as watered down from true sports car as a Lexus.

Sports cars and leather never have gone hand in hand - look at Japanese performance cars as a perfect idea - always Alcantara as it grips better in corners. Same with an auto box - a "sport" car is a drivers car so people want to interact with it, not be piloted. I would only ever buy a manual gearbox in a sport car of any kind - even one as watered down from true sports car as a Lexus.

My 350z had leather seats, agree about the gearbox though.