Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just a day ago I noticed that my MK1 300 Sport was ideling rough and even when I accelerated the car vibrates poorly on acceleration also. So I changed the plugs today as I thought it might be off the cylinder but when I fired it up again it was just the same?? Anyone any suggestions??

Just a day ago I noticed that my MK1 300 Sport was ideling rough and even when I accelerated the car vibrates poorly on acceleration also. So I changed the plugs today as I thought it might be off the cylinder but when I fired it up again it was just the same?? Anyone any suggestions??

what is your tickover like

Its rough as well! I done an ecu rest also which didnt help anything. The car is very poor through out the rev range.

have a look at a previous post i did on the idle air control i'll bet there is something there that will fix it

check your vacuum lines too

Also check the dizzy cap & rotor arm... :winky:

Not sure what that is??

:P sorry mate... the distributor cap (the light brown cap with 7 terminals that the plug leads push into - top front left of engine), it comes off and also contains the rotor arm which just pulls off. Check the pick-ups for excessive corrosion :winky:

Well I got it running smooth again. I took everything apart, cleaned the throttle body, sparks plugs and wells, distributor cap and all the terminals and idles air control sensor, then done an ecu reset. Everything back to normal again I'm happy to say!!! just going to do an engine oil and filter change plus air filter now and replace the gearbox oil and filters also.

Well I got it running smooth again. I took everything apart, cleaned the throttle body, sparks plugs and wells, distributor cap and all the terminals and idles air control sensor, then done an ecu reset. Everything back to normal again I'm happy to say!!! just going to do an engine oil and filter change plus air filter now and replace the gearbox oil and filters also.

Hi,

Glad you got it all sorted out and the engine running clean again :)

With all the jobs done doen around the same time id say its tricky to say what the problem was in the end,whats your thoughts on what the problem was?

Chips..

I think the problem was with the spark plug change. When I done the the plug change I didnt drive the car right away. So once I changed the plugs and started the car it still idled badly, but after a good 15min drive and a start stop it seemed to reset itsel and all systems were cleared!