Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250

Opps, :duh:

Might have just found a small problem with the new garage.

Just had a new garage built to house the new motor. But i may have a problem

The builder has put a pillar in the side wall 2.2m from the back wall. If i reverse in, can i open the drivers door

without hitting the pillar.

How log is the car from the very back to the body line between the front and back doors I have only 300mm at the front to inch forward but need that to get round to the exit door.

Would prefer not to drive in as turning circle is not great to get in

Infinity............

just checked mine for ya, its 2100mm from the seam where the back door meets the front door to the furherest point of the rear bumper. this is approx but should be fairly right, i didn't want to drag the tape measure across the side of the car

Brendan

Approx 2050mm - that's rear bumper edge to B post (between front and rear door) where the front door would open out.

You may need to allow a few MM for the gap between back wall and boot.

people hang tennis balls etc, but I've cemented bricks into the floor to stop the car hitting me shelves!

PS - it's gonna be close....stick a piece of old carpet on the pillar!!

Approx 2050mm - that's rear bumper edge to B post (between front and rear door) where the front door would open out.

people hang tennis balls etc, but I've cemented bricks into the floor to stop the car hitting me shelves!

Thanks everyone,

Think i have a little problem, the drivers will open just past the pillar but i may struggle to get in and out.

Need to loose weight.....BUGGER

carpeted walls in the garage thats a good idea timber and foam rail all round as a bump strip with a bit of cheap shag pile down to the floor.

Or is that a padded cell. I know what the wife would choose.

Infinity........

Thanks everyone,

Think i have a little problem, the drivers will open just past the pillar but i may struggle to get in and out.

Need to loose weight.....BUGGER

carpeted walls in the garage thats a good idea timber and foam rail all round as a bump strip with a bit of cheap shag pile down to the floor.

Or is that a padded cell. I know what the wife would choose.

Infinity........

The New IS has a very tight turning circle (Almost as good as our Honda Jazz - which is really sharp).

Why don't you ask your helpful salesman to bring a car down - try it in the garage. That way you won't have sleeples nights, and you may be able to get the builder in to sort something out if needed? Pillars can be thinned out, or removed completely if the load bearing issue can be "removed" via Bracing with wood or a concrete lintel etc...

The New IS has a very tight turning circle (Almost as good as our Honda Jazz - which is really sharp).

Why don't you ask your helpful salesman to bring a car down - try it in the garage. That way you won't have sleeples nights, and you may be able to get the builder in to sort something out if needed? Pillars can be thinned out, or removed completely if the load bearing issue can be "removed" via Bracing with wood or a concrete lintel etc...

No way of moving the pillar its a brace for the side wall and holds a lintel ontop.

Other option may be building two new pillars and supporting the lintel on ans RSJ

dont really want to go down that route after spending huge wads on the build just to go changing

the thing after its finished. (I can here the wifes laughter ringing in my ears)

If the turning circle is as good as you say it may be better to just drive in. Next door neighbour has a Honda Jazz. He works away but back at weekends, i think ill give that a go and see how difficult it is to get in.

The FWD Ford connect needs two or three shunts when driving in, but backs in OK. The drivers door opens ok on that but the back is much shorter the the IS.

Infinity.....