Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lms Remote Start For The Is200 & Is300

rajhirani

Hi

been having dialogue with LMS about the remote engine start for the is200 & is300, their new version is now available, it will allow you to remote start your car (has to be automatic) from your standard key fob.

if there is enough interest can we arrange a group buy for this?

they cater for other lexus models aswell.

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_start.php

Thanks

Raj

I'd be interested to know the cost of this as well, although is it still the same method whereby a spare key is stuck near the ignition so the immobiliser doesn't work anymore? And if you remotely start the engine, can you still open the doors with the keyfob or does that not work either?

I'd be interested to know the cost of this as well, although is it still the same method whereby a spare key is stuck near the ignition so the immobiliser doesn't work anymore? And if you remotely start the engine, can you still open the doors with the keyfob or does that not work either?

Sounds like a great system........ :o

Id like one of these, again, dependant on price and other details.

Although no good to me......mines not an auto

Edited by Kazi

Sounds like a great system........ :o

Id like one of these, again, dependant on price and other details.

Although no good to me......mines not an auto

the car does not have to be auto for these remote kits to work. there are modules that can be fitted to override this. i enquired to both Clifford and Falcon security about the same point and they both said the same thing.

saying that, both the clifford and the falcon systems offer more than remote engine starts - a paging system, proximity sensors, different security settings etc etc. but dependent on price, this may well be a good system.

I'd love one of these but i would check with your insurence companies first as im pretty sure these void it along with things like turbo timers, some places will still insure you but could be more expensive etc.

I'd just check to make sure,

How much for a manual one then?????????? :)

I'd love one of these but i would check with your insurence companies first as im pretty sure these void it along with things like turbo timers, some places will still insure you but could be more expensive etc.

I'd just check to make sure,

How much for a manual one then?????????? :)

i was quoted £325 for the top of the range system.

I enquired about the remote start a while back, places then were saying that if you had a remote start on a Cat1 alarm it would downgrade it to a Cat2 therefore insurance would go up. Things have changed these days tho, my mate had one fitted to his beemer, insurance didn't seem too bothered as long as it was professionally fitted they weren't interested.

If you look over in gold, I enquired about these same units some 18 months ago .......... but no one was interested ?

£250 seems a good price, I'd 'possibly' be interested ...............

One thing they told me last time is that the units were only available for the IS3's ... and not the IS200 .... is this still the same ?

£250 seems a good price, I'd 'possibly' be interested ...............

Its $250, so even cheaper :winky:

The remote starts I've always heard about in the past have said you need to stick a key near the ignition barrel, which means the immobiliser doesn't work anymore, and also that once the engines running, you cannot open the car with the remote - if this is still the case I'm still not interested ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links