Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seatbelt Adjustment

Whats the story with the front seatbelt adjustment. I just got notice from Lexus Ireland saying that the car had to go in for it. is there anything I should mention to the dealer, i noticed some people mentioned rattles occuring after this work had been carried out

Whats the story with the front seatbelt adjustment. I just got notice from Lexus Ireland saying that the car had to go in for it. is there anything I should mention to the dealer, i noticed some people mentioned rattles occuring after this work had been carried out

Mine (delivered 17th March 06) had the seatbelt recall done at "port" whatever that is.

However, I know that there is a rattle from the sliding adjuster. Is that the part you mean? I thought the Seatbelt mechanism was at fault and had to be reaplced...or am I reading too much into it?

It says that it's the front seat belt retractors

Some of the earlier deliveries experienced retract problems when you pulled the belt out a little too quickly. Can't say I experienced any problems myself, but mine was recalled and both front belts and retractors were changed out. Took two hours, and as already posted, those under recall received an apology from Steve Settle of LExus GB, £20 tank top up and a bottle of champagne.

Some cars also had the Satnav DVD changed out for a later version, although mine had already been sorted at the Port of Entry (Jamboo..the receiving facility for Toyoto/Lexus where the shipments come in).