Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Harley Wax - Great Results

murph

Hi All

Just tried a new carnuba wax on the LS400 and wow what a differance, easy to apply and great depth of shine.

I used to use Zymol which is quite expensive (my last pot was nearly £100! so the wife went spare)

Anyone else tried it?

Buy the way I bought it from the web at £19.99 a tin which should last a year or two I think even with 6 cars to pollish!

Thanks

Murph

• 2 weeks later...
not used to myself, i was going to get some but went with the safe option of the p21s, just not had chance to get some on yet

Hi there.

I have used harley wax for some time now on my Lexus and BMW. In my opinion there is nothing on the market that comes anywhere near this product... It is superb in every way.. I have tried them all before..

One of the benefits is of course you cannot knock it over and spill it .... It is a solid polish and very user friendly.

The most important point on this I can throw in is this... If you go into Halfrauds you will see they sell a circular polish application sponge ... fairly hairy on one side where the polish goes and foam rubbery on the other. This sponge fits perfectly in the Harley polish tin and allows you to get an even coating on the applicator... Using this, the jobs very easy and as I have said the results are superb...

happy polishing Roy

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way the fleebay ad says it's the hardest and most durable wax...I didn't think pure carnauba was...it's a finish wax to give you show car results.

Carnauba is made from soft oils and is a soft wax (like Beezwax - but set in the tub rather than liquid)...anything that goes on easy and comes off easy will eventully wear off easy. Simple...you need to apply several coats (with at least 24 hours gap depending on temperature) and let it harden before you wash the car again.

Else it will come off when you towel/chamois dry the car - you'll see "swirls" on the doors in light which can be removed by applying more wax...especially if you wash and dry in the sun...

I've learned the hard way!! If you want something hard and durable, you really need Sealant Glaze or an Acrylic wax. These go on easy, and are much harder to remove when you try and buff them out...you'll see what I mean if you try it. You then know the barrier is a hard, durable one!!

Then you can apply carnuaba over the top to give a softer, beautiful deep shine...

• 1 month later...

Hai,

Wax your car regularly. Wax helps to protect the paint, minimizing harm of chemicals and protecting the paint from fading; plus the car looks shiny. It takes only about 30 minutes to wax a whole car and high quality car wax stays on the car for three - four months. So far, I haven't seen a single product that stays for life time as you may have heard in some commercials - nothing lasts forever. In order to maintain protective coat any product

Waxing gives your car natural shine and helps to protect the paint from harsh environment. When applied to the car, the wax forms a thin transparent layer over the paint. This layer covers minor scratches, stone chips and other damages making them less visible. The wax also "seals" the paint preventing water from contact with bare metal exposed in deep chips and scratches. This helps to slow the corrosion process. However, none of the available car wax products stays permanently on your car, the wax needs to be reapplied regularly. From my observations, good car wax stays on the car for about three-four months, so if you wax your car at least every three months using a good product, you'll be OK.

Polymer Sealant- (provides durable protection)-A non-organic based wax formulated from polymers used to seal paint with a thin hard barrier. They are very durable and provide a very bright, but flat silvery shine. This type of product is a compromise as it does provide durability but lacks the properties of a Carnauba wax lacking both colour and depth, and because of a polymer's inherent molecular structure it cannot mimic the properties of a Carnauba wax. If not properly designed, polymer sealants may crack, yellow or distort the optics of the paint surface. Polymers used in sealants need a painted surface to catatonically bond to; they don't do well when asked to bond to metal to provide protection. A clear coat (paint) has by nature, porosity; they bond very well and provide the intended protection

Carnauba Wax- (provides a sacrificial but renewable protection)-A natural wax repellent, it forms a barrier that is a natural protection from the suns UV radiation, acid rain, airborne pollutants and acidic bird droppings, it provides Colour, Depth and Clarity that is without equal, but lacks durability. An ideal Carnauba wax should wipe on and the residue should be wet when removed to avoid surface marring, it should provide clarity (transparency) should be able to be ‘layered’ without becoming opaque and should include additional oils, which ‘wet’ the paint surface to give the paint finish depth and a rippled liquidity (this is caused by the wax ‘egg crate’ shape distorting the reflected

Fracture/evaporation temperatures): Polymers 350oF + dependant upon type of polymer , Silicone oil 350oF, Mineral oils 200oF, Synthetic blends (Carnauba wax / polymers) 200oF dependant upon ratio’s used, Carnauba wax 180oF, and Bee’s wax 130oF.

Generally you can expect 50% of your Carnauba wax layer to be gone after 30 days, 75% after 60 days and 95% gone after 90 days. You should plan on waxing your car four (4) times a year.

You can extend the waxes life expectancy by parking in a garage, using a car cover and by using a quick detailer spray (QD) like Pinnacle Crystal Mist.

Knowledge - [We know a subject] [We know where to find information on it] the most highly valued; [knowledge that is both held and shared]

I bought this almost TWO YEARS ago and I still haven't opened the tin and used it! :blush: :blush:

Will try it very soon!

What you mean mate, is that you've not cleaned your car in over 2 years :lol:

:tomato:

No COMMENT! :P