Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wheels-inmotion Logo......

wheels-inmotion is to become it's own reality soon, part if this future plan is the 'wim' branding so the logo needs to be deliberate and recognizable. LOC has been a major part of wim's evolution so i ask members here to suggest a design for the wim logo.

The only parameter is the logo is 'wim' and the colour scheme is blue..... The best design will actually become the wim logo/header for real so pencils sharp please.

What are you like :D ..... Seriously peeps i intend to use the best logo design from LOC to carry the wim banner, so this is quite an opportunity.

What...??? :blink:

Have i offended?..... If yes Tony then i am sorry! What i intended to portray is the fact that i am really serious that LOC members 'will' ultimately design the wim logo, this image will travel with wim as we grow into a recognized branding.

What are you like :D ..... Seriously peeps i intend to use the best logo design from LOC to carry the wim banner, so this is quite an opportunity.

What...??? :blink:

Have i offended?..... If yes Tony then i am sorry! What i intended to portray is the fact that i am really serious that LOC members 'will' ultimately design the wim logo, this image will travel with wim as we grow into a recognized branding.

:P No mate, no offence :D

Was the wheel too OTT :huh:

If this is done on an informal basis, there is a real termites nest of copyright issues waiting to be opened :blink:

You are probably right :excl:

Maybe one of the members has some experience of copyright law :question:

It's way too complex for me though:duh: but I would have thought that as long as you don't knowingly copy anything that has previously been published it would be ok. If someone does decide to do something sensible then I would have thought that some sort of lawful agreemnet could be sorted between WIM and the individual as regards copyright ownership :question:

Maybe i'm talking through my ar*e, and should stick to what I do know :P

If this is done on an informal basis, there is a real termites nest of copyright issues waiting to be opened :blink:

You are probably right :excl:

Maybe one of the members has some experience of copyright law :question:

It's way too complex for me though:duh: but I would have thought that as long as you don't knowingly copy anything that has previously been published it would be ok. If someone does decide to do something sensible then I would have thought that some sort of lawful agreemnet could be sorted between WIM and the individual as regards copyright ownership :question:

Maybe i'm talking through my ar*e, and should stick to what I do know :P

I wasn't talking so much about copying previously copyrighted designs, rather the matter of who would own the copyright on the proposed WIM design - the designer or WIM?

If someone does decide to do something sensible then I would have thought that some sort of lawful agreemnet could be sorted between WIM and the individual as regards copyright ownership :question:

I wasn't talking so much about copying previously copyrighted designs, rather the matter of who would own the copyright on the proposed WIM design - the designer or WIM?

Full agreement, as previous, that would have to be a legality prior to it's use. The parties would have to come to a mutual agreement.

:D My weedy effort - gotta use the Alexis font, it's a must, Oh, and it's blue :P

I like that logo. Well done :D

Maybe Tony should offer a reward or prize for the winning effort. Ownership then passes to WIM. That would see justice done, payments made and cirumnavigation of any potential copyright issues.

Any thoughts? Maybe a free geometry calibration?

Maybe Tony should offer a reward or prize for the winning effort. Ownership then passes to WIM. That would see justice done, payments made and cirumnavigation of any potential copyright issues.

Any thoughts? Maybe a free geometry calibration?

That was my thoughts, but it MUST be made clear that the copyright becomes the property of WIM.

No abuse.... looks dam nice :)

:blush:

Good job there mate.. simple but very effective.

Maybe finish it off with a wheel/alloy at the end?

I like that logo. Well done :D

I like that Decker, simple, effective, eye catching sweet nice work

Right embarrassed now guys :whistling::lol:

I'm a little dissapointed that you haven't spoken to me about this Tony.

Considering the rest of the Online WIM evolution was created by me, I would have thought you would have approached me about this.

Also, as Mike says, you are leaving your self wide open for copyright issues at a later stage, when the designer suddenly realises he can claim a substancial amount of cash.

Also, as Mike says, you are leaving your self wide open for copyright issues at a later stage, when the designer suddenly realises he can claim a substancial amount of cash.

As previously said, by myself and tdiplc, legal arrangements are made between WIM and the other party so that the copyright transfers to WIM, in exchange for cash, sevices or whatever.

If this is adhered to then there is no further problem, if it doesn't work out and no agreement can be reached then Tony goes another way.

If the legalities are sorted, what's the problem?

I would have thought that the joint venture being undertaken would have had some legal intervention anyway..... but i may be wrong.

Dek

Considering the rest of the Online WIM evolution was created by me, I would have thought you would have approached me about this.

Mate this is open to all and sundry so put your ideas forward too instead of being disappointed - you could still do the best one!

Anyway, there are some ace graphic designers on here and if everyone knocks their heads together like suggestions for Deckers logo, Tony could be on to a real winner here :)

As for your logo Decker, it's ace, but how would it look if you italicised everything - it must just be me but I look at it and see Heels in Motion and it makes my mind wander :P

So he has to come through you so you can take the credit.

Its an open invitation for people that want to take part in designing a logo which the owner has put forward for all to participate.

Anyway your on holiday.....enjoy it :tomato:

I won't comment on any one logo until the team here have exhausted all ideas...... but what has been suggested so for is exemplary, i thank everyone involved!..... but keep them coming :D

Scarface you are on Holiday and i would not intrude on that valuable time for any reason. wim's evolution is happening rapidly and the logo is an integral part of this evolution, in addition LOC members have over the years expressed much trust and money to be honest, so i felt a team effort was an honorable thing to offer the members as a 'Thank You'.

There is no question that Metserve is responsible for wim's on-line success... The transition from my web design to the Metserve design exploded the visibility of wim into the success is it today..... This is without dispute!

I would be interested to see your design, and i apologize if you thought i excluded you from immediate involvement in this topic..... tiss only because you are 'meant' to be on hol's

i am not understanding this copyright lark

why would a logo for "wheels in motion" be worth anything

its hardly a saleable item

its only worth copywriting it, once it is finalised in design, and then that would only be to stop another individual cashing in on its success, which to be honest would be a pretty unusual thing for someone to do

once the name wim is registered no one can register another related business in that name anyway

time to stop being defeative and start being creative :yawn: