Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pursuit Of Perfectio

Whilst I love my IS250, :) I am not buying this pursuit of perfection thing. The photos below and the resulting 3 hr drive (with me behind the wheel for 30mins!!) made me realise how far Lexus or any other car company has to go. I am still grinning from ear to ear :D and will remember that drive till I die!

For the techno heads, it is an F430 with steering mounted gearbox, fitted with Pirelli rubber and has just on 1000 miles on the odometer. The noise is incredible, the acceleration unbelievable and the road prescence borders on absurd with people trying to take photos of it whilst driving. Like to say it is mine but...if you look carefully in the background, you will see my is250 which is included in the pictures below after Klasse treatment. Getting into the Lexus afterwood was somewhat sobering... but its still the best car I've ever owned :D

ferrari1nr0.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2342/ferrari2xe7.jpg

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9560/myisbk8.jpg

They're beautiful cars, a friend is awaiting delivery of his, the lucky guy!

So what was the deal, was it one that you'd had for a test drive or was it one of these supercar experience days?

It does look lovely though, my mate's told me some stories about his last 430 and it sounds like an animal, he had it up to 180mph I think it was, absolutely crazy cars!

Glad you enjoyed it, bet you're still beaming from ear to ear!

There's one of those in leicester -

18 year old, with Bling and a baseball cap....

Can u believe it?

Ah so someone's finally spotted our very own Zee at last, thought he'd disappeared :D

The owner is a client of mine who sold his big home to realise his boyhood dream! Kind of cool I think. Out here in Western Australia, the wait list for an F430 is now more than 3.5 years!!! He waited just under 2 years but got lucky when someone else changed their order to the spider. I can't imagine seeing an 18 year old in one :o There are only 2 in WA so far. And yes, any other colour is wrong and I would sell my nana for one (if I had a nana) :D

I would say the Pursuit of Perfection is for example building a big hybrid luxury sedan doing 0-100 km/h in 5.9 seconds and not using more than 0.79 litres of gasonline per 10 km... Not creating a super expensive small sports car that does not have any build quality to speak of considering the price... (even if they are holding together better nowadays than they used to do..).

I have driven some fun "super" sport cars, but I think the Lexus is far more closer to perfection than them...

Still a great car obviously and I would not say no to one :D

I have driven some fun "super" sport cars, but I think the Lexus is far more closer to perfection than them...

Surely 'perfection' is a subjective term? A Lexus is a very long way from perfection - if you're a builder needing to transport some rubble to the tip.

I guess we can say both Ferrari and Lexus are close to their own definitions of perfection, Ferrari in terms of looks, performance and exclusivity, Lexus in terms of reliability, comfort and general quality.

Mike

Surely 'perfection' is a subjective term? A Lexus is a very long way from perfection - if you're a builder needing to transport some rubble to the tip.

Well, but the Lexus is still closer to perfection than the Ferrari in that case ;)

for the same money you could buy 4 IS`s

1 for taking the kids to school

1 for going shopping

1 for taking builders rubble to the dump

and 1 for ....putting down a deposit on a ferrari with :D

if i could afford one, i would

if i had a nana for sale,mmmm... pity, i sold her to get the lex :o