Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

10mm Bolts - Where From?

maneesh

took my blitz off and put me factory airbox back on as I'm boosting to Belgium this weekend, and need top end power again.

Anyway, need the 10mm bolts that screw down the factory air box. I tried Halfords and homebase, no joy. Do I have to go back to Lexus or where else can I try?

took my blitz off and put me factory airbox back on as I'm boosting to Belgium this weekend, and need top end power again.

Anyway, need the 10mm bolts that screw down the factory air box. I tried halfords and homebase, no joy. Do I have to go back to Lexus or where else can I try?

a toyota sealership, i had to get some on tuesday, take the size that you want and a tecchie got me some they were about 79p each plus vat

Have a look in yellow pages for Engineering Supplies and/or Fixings and Fastenings there should be a few in your area.

Are you sure it is 10mm you are after, seems a bit OTT for an airbox.

toyota dealership don't do em (the one i tried anyway). he spent about 15 minutes scratching his bald head and querying why I'd come into a Toyota dealership and not a Lexus one..(Lexus too far for me today).

yes, 10mm is what they are!

Halfords will have them( unless they are out of stock) they wont look like the original ones but a 10mm is a standard size.

You should also get them from ANY garage, have a walk around the back and speak to the mechs they have some kicking about normally

10mm = head size. perfectly normal size

head size ??

ok lets put it another way - the size of socket/spanner that you need to tighten or loosen a bolt is also the bolt head size. So in this case a 10mm bolt is a bolt with a head of 10mm across the flat faces of the bolt head

10mm = head size. perfectly normal size

head size ??

ok lets put it another way - the size of socket/spanner that you need to tighten or loosen a bolt is also the bolt head size. So in this case a 10mm bolt is a bolt with a head of 10mm across the flat faces of the bolt head

understand that :D

so is the bolt in question a 10mm head size, so what size thread is it then ?

you buy bolts by the thread size not the head size