Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Modifications

Mr Frost

Hello,

I have recently bought an IS200 Sport and have around £2000 for modifications.

Just wondered what people would suggest and prices etc.

Thanks

Welcome to LOC Mr Frost. :D

Small modifications you could make to start with are........

Lexus owners club stickers which you can get from the Club Store for about £2.99

Painted calipers about £5.00 for the caliper paint, you can also buy Lexus stickers for your calipers from the club store. caliper5.jpg

A Prolex Kazama Muffler £275 from Prolex-uk

Denso IK20 Spark Plugs price depends on where you buy them from as you can get them off eBay.

You could change your (air filter £40) or get an induction kit, it depends if you want to keep the standard airbox or not.

I changed my front Grill to the LE Grill £55 secound hand i bought this off a chap called Kazi on here (i think he still has some grills he wants to get rid of) bridge3.jpg

The Toyota Racing Design Badge on the front cost around £10.

Xenon light bulbs these are really simple to fit, i got a whole set for £17 off eBay from a chap called leadinglamps.

Prolex do a closure kit that closes your sunroof and folds the mirrors in when you lock the car but i can't find it on their site.

Anodised radiator panels look really nice (vented) £75

I think they look good lowered but I'm not sure what's envolved with that, some one on the site could tell you more about that. Hope this helps. ---- Paul

Hello,

I have recently bought an IS200 Sport and have around £2000 for modifications.

Just wondered what people would suggest and prices etc.

Thanks

Welcome!

Depends what you want - looks or performance.

Looks wise - you could get body kit/fitting/spraying and have money left over for new zaust, lowering springs and tints. Or maybe some nice 18" rims.

Performance wise - I'm sure some knowledgable folks will be along soon with lots of ways to burn that cash :devil:

Oh, and let's see some pics please :)

I personally would sqeeuze another £500 ....... and buy that complete package that is being ofference on here.

That's a bargain.

I agree....Raj Sarin's complete kit @ £2,500 is something of a bargain. I'm surprised someone hasn't bitten off his hand already! :blink:

I personally would sqeeuze another £500 ....... and buy that complete package that is being ofference on here.

That's a bargain.

I agree....Raj Sarin's complete kit @ £2,500 is something of a bargain. I'm surprised someone hasn't bitten off his hand already! :blink:

I agree with these fellas. Supercharger + manifold and you even get racelogic traction control thrown in :winky:

Thanks for your suggestions so far.

What kind of performance gains would I achieve from a supercharger. Is a turbo charger also on option?

A little off topic but I have a problem with the standard CD changer in the car. Some cd's it plays perfect no problem, but certain ones, mainly newer cd's It only plays occasionaly. I get a message on the display saying ERROR1. Any ideas??

supercharger around 205 bhp.. with manifold maybe 215bph. not sure what the gains are with manifold.

As for turbo... not with 2k its not an option..

Also the racelogic traction control that's being sold with Raj's kit is the dogs bollocks mate :winky:

Oops I forgot that there is a turbo kit for sale on here :blush:

Edited by Adie

That's a bargain.

Or my nearly complete package!! :D

Is a turbo charger also on option?

A little off topic but I have a problem with the standard CD changer in the car. Some cd's it plays perfect no problem, but certain ones, mainly newer cd's It only plays occasionaly. I get a message on the display saying ERROR1. Any ideas??

Here have a look here!! My complete turbo system

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=34790&hl=

Still some more work to do after buying it but deffo much better than SCer and going for buttons too!!

Includes full exhaust as well (front to back!)

The CD changer doesn't like copied CD's. Apparently the discs are a slightly different size to real CD's and they can get caught in the mechanism.

That's a bargain.

Or my nearly complete package!! :D

Is a turbo charger also on option?

Here have a look here!! My complete turbo system

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...c=34790&hl=

Still some more work to do after buying it but deffo much better than SCer and going for buttons too!!

Includes full exhaust as well (front to back!)

The CD changer doesn't like copied CD's. Apparently the discs are a slightly different size to real CD's and they can get caught in the mechanism.

and that ecu would look after that turbo setup lovely :winky:

What kind of money would a turbo system be?

Not using copied cd's but it seems to be mainly on new cd's that I have bought. Older ones work fine and all the time. Others seem to work rarely. A strange one. Maybe one for Lexus? Might upgrade the ICE but its bottom of my list at the moment

What kind of money would a turbo system be?

Not using copied cd's but it seems to be mainly on new cd's that I have bought. Older ones work fine and all the time. Others seem to work rarely. A strange one. Maybe one for Lexus? Might upgrade the ICE but its bottom of my list at the moment

well gav has the turbo systemopen to offers 2.5k to 3k i have the ecu £250 open to offers so all your parts are here at less than half price and they are quality parts you will get a extra 50bhp with supercharger and zorst etc but not much after that were as turbo you can run .5 to .6 bar safely get 230bhp to 260bhp depending on setup and add internals etc you can hit these sort of figures and more

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=35015

:)

but this is not a bolt on system how good are you mechanicaly ?? a few of the lads has done there own marcus and roadrash and the one forsale has came of his car so alot of the pipework etc has been sorted

depends what you want supercharger are bolt on a lot of fun turbo is not bolt on but there is alot of room to add extra power at a later date

Thanks alot for all your advice.

Think I am going to concentrate on cosmetic modifications to begin with.

I'd like some kind of kit, but nothing too over the top and a rear spoiler. Also like the gril which was suggested on the thread.

Where is a good place for kits and spoilers?

I'd like some kind of kit, but nothing too over the top and a rear spoiler. Also like the gril which was suggested on the thread.

Mark @ Lexus Teeside usually has great offers on OEM bodykit parts.

supercharger around 205 bhp.. with manifold maybe 215bph. not sure what the gains are with manifold.

As for turbo... not with 2k its not an option..

Also the racelogic traction control that's being sold with Raj's kit is the dogs bollocks mate :winky:

Oops I forgot that there is a turbo kit for sale on here :blush:

Think its around 13 mate.....I once heard...

Mark @ Lexus Teeside usually has great offers on OEM bodykit parts.

Excellent chap to deal with, I bought all my kit off him, TTE lip spoiler, Trd Skirts.