Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who Has Owned A Subaru?

Rob

hi all,

just wondering who on here has or does own a subaru impreza? I had a look at one the other day and compared to UK prices they are a lot cheaper, just wondering about the reliability/quality etc and how easy to tune? I would be looking at a 2004 - 2006 model maybe the sti version because of those I have seen the trim is far better.

hi all,

just wondering who on here has or does own a subaru impreza? I had a look at one the other day and compared to UK prices they are a lot cheaper, just wondering about the reliability/quality etc and how easy to tune? I would be looking at a 2004 - 2006 model maybe the sti version because of those I have seen the trim is far better.

Great cars Rob. Go for the Sti 6 speed model - the engines and transmissions are a lot tougher than the other models and are easy to tune.

hi Ive had 3 a, wrx wagon, normal wrx (both imports) and a uk p1 (only a 1000 ever made) i enjoyed all of them but the market is flooded with them not as presticious as you think and can be very tempramentle ( sorry about spelling) will drain your wallet and you can loose your license on one trip

thanks for the reply mark, how easy is easy? a 4wd car makes a lot of sense here esp in the winter!

There are tons of parts available to suit all budgets/needs. The normal tuning route is exhaust, induction, exhaust manifold, boost up, ecu, FMIC, turbo, fuelling, then engine internals etc.

The standard engine is considerably better than previous incarnations but it's not bomb proof.

Agreed, a 4wd must be great fun and a lot of sense where you are.

ta for the reply, i think it is something i will seriously look into, just have to sell the lex first!

had some fun times in the snow with the RWD and wide tyres but sensibility must take charge esp as i spend about 5 months in the mountains