Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Interface For New Is250

Discountcarstereo.com are showing that an iPod interface is now available for the new IS250 (LEXPD), but... they are stating that:

"This product has not been tested or approved for us in Lexus vehicles outside the USA. Purchasing this part for vehicles outside the USA is at your own risk --- our support and return policy will not apply"

Would anyone like to comment on the likelihood of this NOT working in the UK and furthermore on an IS220D??

I've been waiting for one of these for ages, but am now worried about it not working in the UK. :crying:

Cheers

http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=878

Id be suprised if the stereos are different to EU models.They are probably just covering themselves for Law suits. It is the US remember.......where theres blame.....theres a claim!

Yea I'd be surprised if the US and UK are different, and even more surprised if the MultiMedia Radio in the 220d were different from the 250/350.

The system on Discountcarstereo.com looks like the SoundLinQ system and if I remember rightly SoundLinQ would not ship directly to the UK.

Oh dear what a dilemma - £160 down the drain if it doesn't work, but boy would I use it if it works (very fed up not being able to control or charge my pod at the moment)!

Yea I'd be surprised if the US and UK are different, and even more surprised if the MultiMedia Radio in the 220d were different from the 250/350.

The system on Discountcarstereo.com looks like the SoundLinQ system and if I remember rightly SoundLinQ would not ship directly to the UK.

Oh dear what a dilemma - £160 down the drain if it doesn't work, but boy would I use it if it works (very fed up not being able to control or charge my pod at the moment)!

I'm sure somebody on the forum has had the SoundLinQ system fitted.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone found a solution for a proper in car Ipod kit? I love using the Ipod through the aux, but

it's frustrating not being able to stop/start it etc. My mate has an Ipod kit in his Merc (not cheap £300)

but it does all the Ipod controls through the steering wheel....

As we drive a superior car, do we have such a thing :P

Has anyone found a solution for a proper in car Ipod kit? I love using the Ipod through the aux, but

it's frustrating not being able to stop/start it etc. My mate has an Ipod kit in his Merc (not cheap £300)

but it does all the Ipod controls through the steering wheel....

As we drive a superior car, do we have such a thing :P

I would have gone with the SoundLinQ SLI system but I'm waiting for them to bring out their next version in Autumn which apparently will support video output for video iPods.

are thr radio sytems in the 250/350 and 220d the same?? because the kit would have been designed for the 350

Don't know why you'd think that as the models here are IS250 AWD, IS 250 RWD as well as the IS350. I believe the IS250 models are actually outselling the IS350 at the moment.

are thr radio sytems in the 250/350 and 220d the same?? because the kit would have been designed for the 350

Don't know why you'd think that as the models here are IS250 AWD, IS 250 RWD as well as the IS350. I believe the IS250 models are actually outselling the IS350 at the moment.

The only potential reason that the US and UK MM units could be different is with DVD region coding, and PAL and NTSC playback, but I'd be surprised if that was the case

The only potential reason that the US and UK MM units could be different is with DVD region coding, and PAL and NTSC playback, but I'd be surprised if that was the case

Sorry to report that the unit is DVD region coded....anyone got a hack??? :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links