Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Don't All Is250's / Is220's Have Headlamp Washers?

aido

I popped up to a Lexus dealers this morning, and out of around 15 new IS250's / IS220's on the forecourt only one had headlamp washers installed, however, they all appeared to have the same headlamp unit which I'm guessing is standard HID's nowadays?

Have Lexus GB gone and messed up again which means a recall down the road or am I missing something here?

Only one of the cars had what I could make out to be popup sprays - all the others were completely flush bumpers with no holes anywhere near the headlamps where they could be!

I popped up to a Lexus dealers this morning, and out of around 15 new IS250's / IS220's on the forecourt only one had headlamp washers installed, however, they all appeared to have the same headlamp unit which I'm guessing is standard HID's nowadays?

Have Lexus GB gone and messed up again which means a recall down the road or am I missing something here?

Only one of the cars had what I could make out to be popup sprays - all the others were completely flush bumpers with no holes anywhere near the headlamps where they could be!

You sure the new model has HID's as standard?

Maybe not, I'd just have thought they would be by now on all new cars, the thing was the headlamp units all looked to be projector types as used for HID's which is bizarre!

Maybe not, I'd just have thought they would be by now on all new cars, the thing was the headlamp units all looked to be projector types as used for HID's which is bizarre!

Ellipsoidal standard across the range, but HID's are on the Sport and SE-L only...with AFS (eye's around the corner).

I think the standards are cool, tried the HID's which are better but it's a shame you have to spend £300 odd squids for an aftermarket jobby!!

See here

Section 5

Also, this link has loads of other stuff, like adjusting the locking feature - need to read it some more...!!!! It's matured since I last used...thank you to the Americans :winky: !!!

PS there's alot more stuff on there - can someone with an auto try the auto locking features mentioned, whereby the car locks when you engage D or unlocks when in P?????????????????????????????? :excl: You have to hold the remote down 5 seconds in a certain sequence....

The user manual may be different, but I think there could be hidden features which are or are not enabled for us in Blitey!!