Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sticky Throttle Pedal!

gears

OK, forgive me if this has been asked already however a search didn't reveal anything. I have a weird problem. When it's hot - i.e. now, my throttle sticks to the carpet. I've tried various measures and the only solution so far is a bit of card behind the pedal - obviously not too stylish or cool.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? Every time it does this I have to ram the clutch down before I smack into someone - it's an IS200Se

ensure that the mat is secured and cant slip

failing that, take the mat out

there are various threads which give details on how near to an accident people have come because of the mat slipping

My IS200 mats were replaced on recall for that same reason..... :) ..well allegedly 'cos I never had the problem.

Hi,

It might also be worth having a look under the bonnet and checking the throttle return spring hasnt slipped alittle or stretched and not doing its job right.It would also be worth putting some WD40 around the spring parts and working it in by pressing down on the throttle pedal(engine not running)a few times then putting some 3in1 oil around the spring and moving parts for a longer lasting effect.

Chips..

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

It might also be worth having a look under the bonnet and checking the throttle return spring hasnt slipped alittle or stretched and not doing its job right.It would also be worth putting some WD40 around the spring parts and working it in by pressing down on the throttle pedal(engine not running)a few times then putting some 3in1 oil around the spring and moving parts for a longer lasting effect.

Chips..

Thanks guys. I've got some IS200 matts in there but they're hooked in place fine. I'll check the carpet - it's never a problem when it's cold, it's only when the weather is very warm like it's been over the summer.

it has an electronic servo that operates a mechanical butterfly valve in side the throttle body. remove the airfilter housing assy and you will see it. the butterfly valve will prob have deposits on it that can be cleaned

it has an electronic servo that operates a mechanical butterfly valve in side the throttle body. remove the airfilter housing assy and you will see it. the butterfly valve will prob have deposits on it that can be cleaned

Thanks.. will give it a bash over the weekend..