Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Prolex

Hi all!

i'm thinking of getting a prolex induction kit and was wondering whether to get the cold air scoop as well.

has anyone got both fitted to their car and if so does the scoop make much difference. i know that it will feed more air to the filter but is it worth an extra £150! and has anyone any pictures of the cold air scoop.

also removing the standard air scoop and cover will leave the engine on show, which looks a mess. does anyone know of an engine cover that fit with an induction kit. something like the beam engine cover fitted on altezzas

cheers

You can make your own cold air feed easily with some flexy pipe from the hole next to the fog lights then make a hole through the thin piece of metal just under where the filter sits.

Be nice and cheap and do the job well

Engine covers talk to the don he can sort you out with something but again not gonna be to cheap

You can make your own cold air feed easily with some flexy pipe from the hole next to the fog lights then make a hole through the thin piece of metal just under where the filter sits.

Thats what I did. I did it at the same time as I fitted the induction kit and with both in place I got a small but noticeable improvement in performance. I don't know what the performance would have been like with just the induction kit.

I might still get a cold air box instead sometime when I have some pennies though. It might be a bit neater and possibly give better performance.