Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

claude46

there's not really any happy medium between performance increase and maintaining mpg ;)

if you want a little extra grunt, you could go for an induction kit and/or upgraded exhaust (de-catted).

If you want a lot more power, you'll be talking about something like the supercharger (about 2k) or a turbo (4K +).

:D

Just remember, the power in the IS fals at about 4250 revs - drive it hard and you'll love it :D

additionally, you could look into a camcon - allows you to control the VVti - can sort out the power band this way.

hope this helps

rob

Supercharger is the best for money. Induction kit and zaust only really benefit or compliment a turbo'd or supercharged car.

Nobody has been able to provide proof that the other bits make much difference on a N/A engine. Well, they didnt before I bought my S/C. :blush:

Pick up a second hand S/C for about £1k or little over. Just not been many around for a while.

Welcome to LOC :D

Welcome to LOC :)

When you modify the car you're going to see a difference in mpg with whatever you go for...

Some people see slightly increased mpg with the supercharger fitted as you gain extra torque - in theory think I read somewhere that the supercharger is parasitic and sucks 4% from the engine so I guess if you drove both exactly the same you'd see a loss of 4% compared to your current mpg..

However, when I gave it some welly you could empty the tank in 200 miles - saying that in this new motor I emptied 75 quids worth of petrol in 160 miles - now that is scary!

We did a trip to Scotland, a supercharged IS, a turboed IS, and a standard IS.

In terms of mpg, mine was the worst, which was the supercharged car, then the standard car, and then the turbo'd car - Dave Ellen's - had used the least petrol..

That was proven with how much we all put into our petrol tanks.

Be warned though, that once you've got forced induction, and you go into the boost, the car will suck petrol at a very fast rate indeed!!!