Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Water Leaking Under The Engine Bay

aido

I popped to the garage yesterday and when I came out someone called me over to say the car was leaking - there was water dripping from the back front end of the engine bay when you look from the front of the car..

I've had a look and it looks to be the area where the AC pipes are, so I'm assuming it's condensation.

It isn't there when I move the car when it's been sat overnight, and the AC in this car works a treat, so just wondered if it is normal for it to drip like that - the IS used to leave patches but I have to admit it covers it up as the car is much lower so it could be the same thing?

Is this a normal trait in this weather?

Have to admit I wasn't worried about it but just thought I'd better play it safe!

Thanks pal, what I was thinking, those pipes must be getting really cold!

Had to raise the car temp three degrees compared to the IS and it's still colder!

Mega :D

Thanks pal, what I was thinking, those pipes must be getting really cold!

Had to raise the car temp three degrees compared to the IS and it's still colder!

Mega :D

well thats the joy of a new car/fully gassed up air con system :D :D

I popped to the garage yesterday and when I came out someone called me over to say the car was leaking - there was water dripping from the back front end of the engine bay when you look from the front of the car..

I've had a look and it looks to be the area where the AC pipes are, so I'm assuming it's condensation.

It isn't there when I move the car when it's been sat overnight, and the AC in this car works a treat, so just wondered if it is normal for it to drip like that - the IS used to leave patches but I have to admit it covers it up as the car is much lower so it could be the same thing?

Is this a normal trait in this weather?

Have to admit I wasn't worried about it but just thought I'd better play it safe!

you wernt drinking yesterday were you :unsure:

you know what youre like :whistling:

u will be surprised how much water drains out of the aircon system mate - simple way drive once without the aircon - is there a puddle? if no then thats what it is - or you could just taste it.

Knowing my luck Rob I'll go to taste it and it'll be a cat that's just ****** under the car :D

Will give that a go mate with the AC off, keep meaning to do it but I get warm and turn it back on :tomato:

Knowing my luck Rob I'll go to taste it and it'll be a cat that's just ****** under the car :D

Please taste it, just for me, please ;)

Lovin your motor tho dude, looks great,

Dave kept trying to get the V300 instead of the normal GS, but my love for gadgets and my wallet won me over

Thanks dude, looks just like yours pal except for the massive pipes at the back!

Got it at a good price mate, loving the performance, drove it nice and slow today to and from hospital, don't think I went above 3k rpm all the way there and back, and used half the petrol I've been using when I've been driving it like I drove the IS! Time for a lighter right foot I think :)

As for the cat's *****, I'll try it in a bit!

Got it at a good price mate, loving the performance, drove it nice and slow today to and from hospital, don't think I went above 3k rpm all the way there and back, and used half the petrol I've been using when I've been driving it like I drove the IS! Time for a lighter right foot I think :)

Tell me about it

Good man

Tell me about it

Good man

Is yours doing that Paul :unsure::question:

I was outside a local fast-food shop a week after I picked up my car. As I got out to get my food I saw a long "sea" og yellowish water running from beneath my car. I totally panicked and drove STRAIGHT to the closest Toyota-dealer. The thing about Lexus in Norway is that there are no Lexus-dealers in the country, so Toyota-dealers have the responsability on behalf of Lexus. I went in to talk to the bloke in the counter to ask if they had time to take a look at my car.. He replied that they were fully booked and could not help me. He said that I could park my car there and all he needed was some information about my vehicle. I gave him my information, however I did not get further than "Lexu....". "Lexus?" he said. "Hang on".. He disappeard and returned with two mechanics. One of them asked for my keyes and drove it around back and inside the garage. 3 mechanics were now under my car, and they quickly found out that it was just the a/c that had dripped (I sooner found out into a puddle of mustard). They took my car out and waved me along.

In Norway a Lexus IS 200 is still a luxury car, and toyota-dealerships are obligated to give Lexus-customers all possible service. I was slightly impressed about the way they handled me, and I LOVE driving a Lexus in Norway! :)

Anyway, just to say that the A/C drips some water! ;)

Thank-you very much :)

Sounds like you get a fantastic service level over in Norway, even over here at the official Lexus dealers they aren't that quick!

It's good for peace of mind!

Thank-you very much :)

Sounds like you get a fantastic service level over in Norway, even over here at the official Lexus dealers they aren't that quick!

It's good for peace of mind!

The fantastic service level is restricted to Lexus. As mentioned Lexus is still a luxury-brand in Norway. A friend of mine's dad owns 18 Toyota-dealerships, he has applied to Lexus to be the first Lexus Approved Dealer in Norway. Lexus state high demands as far as I have been told. No need to tell you that they are loaded. He bought the first LS 430 ever delivered to Norway. It retailed at (hold on): £ 118 000 for 5 years ago...

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring up an old thread,

But Sanj and I done the a/c kettle trick the other day and we were both supprised to see that both our cars were drippng loads of water/condensation when leaving the a/c on for bout 30 mins. Was loads of it