Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Help Guys

1sTee

hi lexus lubbers. here goes. i am getting a distinct constant whistling/squeeling sound when my IS200 gets above 35 mph,it seems to stop when above 55mph. it sounds like its coming from the offside front as far as i can make out with head out window technique. ive tried emergency stops, but still here the noise until the car drops to around 35ish mph. i thought wheel bearing but wouldnt that make the noise all the time. as goes for a sticky caliper??

hope someone can shed some light on this before i get the sharp intake of breath from the local mechanic saying something like "this aint gonna be cheap!"

Sounds daft, but what have the settings been on the ac and air blowers?

If it was the wheel bearing you hear it constantly. As for the caliper.....I doubt its that, when you brake does it pull to one side?

Sounds daft, but what have the settings been on the ac and air blowers?

If it was the wheel bearing you hear it constantly. As for the caliper.....I doubt its that, when you brake does it pull to one side?

everything that could make a noise is turned off m8. taped up the nodding dogs head to stop it knocking too. and no, she brakes as smooth as she always has.

Sounds bizzare as it goes when you reach greater speeds....... :huh:

Maybe it continues to make the noise at higher speeds but is drowned out by other road noise etc etc. It maybe your door rubber gaskets? Other members may have other ideas....

Ive had this noise too, theres a post about it somewhere on here. I got told to jack the car up and rotate the wheel, see if you still hear it......if you do then maybe the pistons aint returning or if it only sounds through a small turn of the wheel it could be that your disc is slightly warped! Well thats what i think anyway.

Also had mine into Lexus Newcastle and the guy told me that all Lexus have this slight squeel, i just think he put dodgy discs on my car :duh:

Chris